This Southwest Cheeseburger is perfect for a summer BBQ. With salsa, homemade guacamole, Pepper Jack cheese and an all beef patty, your taste buds will say, “olé!” #burger #grilling #southwest
I don’t have a long post for y’all today …. but what I do have is one super yummy burger!! I have been craving some Southwest-inspired flavors, but not necessarily Mexican food. If that makes sense?! This burger really hit the spot! We served this with chips and salsa, with fresh fruit on the side for an easy and fuss-free weeknight meal! Enjoy!
Other recipes you may enjoy
This Southwest Cheeseburger is perfect for a summer BBQ. With salsa, homemade guacamole, Pepper Jack cheese and an all beef patty, your taste buds will say, "olé!"
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup homemade guacamole
- 4 slices Pepper Jack cheese
- 4 good-quality hamburger buns
- Preheat a gas grill over high heat or a charcoal grill until it glows bright orange and ashes over.
- Divide and shape the ground beef into 4 patties. Season the burgers with salt and pepper. Brush the burgers with oil. Grill the burgers until browned and slightly charred on the first side (about 3-4 minutes). Flip the burgers over and continue to cook until desired doneness - about 4 minutes for medium rare, longer for a more done burger.
- To assemble the sandwich, place 2 tbsp. of salsa on one cut half of each sandwich (I prefer it on the top half). Place 2 tbsp. of guacamole on the other cut half of each sandwich (I prefer this on the bottom). Top the bottom bun with a hamburger patty. Top with cheese, then the top bun.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 711Total Fat: 49gSaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 146mgSodium: 720mgFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 41g
Originally published on May 21, 2014. Updated on April 27, 2021.
Sheena @ Hot Eats and Cool Reads
Yum!! This burger looks fantastic, Jamie! I've been on a huge burger kick lately and this one would hit the spot! 🙂
Wanda Ann Olsen
Jamie, I'm like you, anything with that Mexican flair is a perfect meal. This burger looks great! Have a great Memorial Day Weekend.
AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa
I love your recipes! Pinning this to my Man Food board because my son and husband will love this! Thanks!
Nici @ Posed Perfection
Yum! I never thought of putting salsa on a burger before, but you've made me a believer! Thanks for sharing at my Creative Ways Link Party! Always happy to have you join me!
I love the flavors of your Burger Jamie! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are having a great week and come back soon!