Many of y’all know I love soup. I actually look forward to Fall and Winter for the sole reason of having an excuse to eat more soup. There’s just something so comforting about it to me.
Some of you may also remember me telling you that I wasn’t really a fan of potato soup growing up ….. I would sit there and stare at it for hours and my parents always threatened me with “having it for breakfast.” Over the years, I found out it wasn’t so bad, and now I do enjoy it on occasion. I have a few different variations that, in my mind, made it more palatable than I remember as a child. Having some cheese in my potato soup is always a big plus.
This Spicy Cheeseburger Soup has been a favorite for years. Sometimes – not always, I like to top it with bacon. I personally like to add a few dashes of hot sauce to mine – but not everyone in my family does, so we serve it on the side. Some fresh baked rolls or biscuits would be great with this soup! I hope y’all enjoy it as much as we do!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups cubed potatoes
- 2 small carrots, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 1/2 cups milk, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 oz. process American cheese, cubed
- 1/2 lb. sliced bacon, cooked and drained (optional)
- In a large soup pot, cook and crumble the beef until no longer pink. Drain into a colander. Set aside until needed.
- In the same soup pot, combine the water, potatoes, carrots, onions, jalapenos, garlic, sand and pepper - Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Add the cooked ground beef and 2 cups of milk. Heat through.
- In a small bowl, combine the additional ½ cup milk with the flour - whisk until smooth. Gradually add to the soup. Bring the soup to a boil and cook for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Reduce heat to low and stir in the cheese until it melts completely.
- Top individual servings with bacon, if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 454Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 88mgSodium: 848mgFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 26g
I hope you enjoy! Shared at these
Don’t forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved