So, yesterday was National Cheeseburger Day … and I didn’t get the memo until it was too late … a day late and a dollar short … Go figure!
- 2 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2-3 jalapenos, stems and seeds removed, chopped
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Your favorite BBQ sauce
- 8 Hamburger buns
- Condiments and toppings of choice (BBQ sauce, lettuce, tomato, pickles, etc ...)
- Preheat your grill (direct grilling over high heat).
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and jalapeno and cook until softened. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Divide the ground beef into 8 equal portions. Divide each of the 8 portions in half - for a total of 16 chunks of ground beef. On waxed paper, flatten 8 of the chunks of ground beef into thin patty shapes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the bacon, cheese and the veggie mixture. Mix well. Place about ¼ cup of the mixture in the center of each of the 8 patties.
- Take the other 8 chunks of ground beef and flatten slightly between your hands and place one portion on top of one the patties with the bacon, cheese and veggie mixture. Carefully seal the 2 beef patties together. Season the top with salt and pepper.
- Place the burgers on the grill and grill for approximately 4-5 minutes. (Use your best judgment here - all grills are different!) Carefully flip and continue to cook the patties for another 3-4 minutes or until the meat is cooked through (cook to 160°).
**Whatever you do - DO NOT USE A SPATULA TO PRESS THE BURGER - not with this burger or any burger!! Just my two cents! I'm sure the burger police will come after you if you don't heed my advice!**
- Using a basting brush, brush the burger with BBQ sauce. Allow to cook for an additional minute or two - and baste with BBQ sauce again. Remove the burgers from the grill and allow them to rest for a few minutes before serving. (Now is a great time to toast your buns if you like them toasted!)
- Serve on buns with your favorite condiments and toppings!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 628Total Fat: 44gSaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 125mgSodium: 610mgFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 33g
I hope you enjoy!
Shared at these
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012 All Rights Reserved