Hearty, and stick-to-your-ribs, this Slow Cooker Beef & Noodles is a cinch to make!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Beef and Noodles
This is one of those recipes that remind me of home. It’s not necessarily a dish we often had, but it was a memorable dish when my grandma or mom made it! Occasionally, I make the noodles from scratch like my grandma and mom do … and other times, I buy them frozen.
Depending on the day, sometimes I like my Beef and Noodles with more broth than other times. Feel free to adjust the liquid to your family’s preference and your slow cooker. If you like a thicker recipe, use less liquid – and if you like it more like a soup, use more liquid. In my slow cooker, I used the initial can of beef broth mixed with soup mix, soup, and garlic – plus, I later added 8 cups (2 full cartons) of beef broth – which yields what you see in these pictures.
Although my grandma and mom didn’t make their Beef and Noodles in the slow cooker, it’s my preferred method. I usually start the beef the night before so it’s nice and tender in the morning. I quickly shred it and add in some additional beef broth before going about my day. Then, about an hour before mealtime, I add the noodles. It really is that easy and you won’t believe how rich and flavorful this dish is until you try it!!
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 2-3 lb. beef roast
- 1 can (14 oz.) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 envelope (from a 2.2 oz. box) beefy onion soup mix
- 1 can (10.5-10.75 oz.) cream of celery or mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6-8 cups beef broth or water, more if desired
- 1 pkg. (24 oz.) frozen home-style egg noodles
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the beef broth, beefy onion soup mix, cream of mushroom soup, and garlic cloves. Set aside.
- Place the roast in a 5-qt. (or larger) slow cooker. Add the soup mixture. Cover and cook for 8 hours or overnight on LOW, or until the beef shreds easily.
- In the morning, break beef apart and add 6 -8 cups of beef broth or water. Cover and continue to cook an additional 8 hours on LOW.
- An hour before you eat, add egg noodles, salt and pepper. Cover and cook for an additional hour on HIGH or until noodles are tender.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 678Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 178mgSodium: 1237mgFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 47g