Gather your friends and family for a cookout and impress them with delicious Bacon Cheeseburgers topped with Coca-Cola Onions. It’s the perfect meal for burger lovers!
Table of contents
Bacon Cheeseburgers with Caramelized Onions
Bacon cheeseburgers are a popular American favorite. The combination of beef, bacon, and cheese creates a delicious experience that everyone loves. You can make your bacon cheeseburgers even better by adding Coca-Cola onions.
Coca-Cola onions are easy to make – I’ve even got a recipe for them here on the blog! The onions give your burger a unique and tasty topping that everyone will enjoy.
To make the perfect burger, start with high-quality beef that’s at least 80% lean and 20% fat. Add your favorite spices and herbs to make your burgers flavorful. Don’t forget the bacon and cheese!
Once your burgers are cooked, add the caramelized onions for a delicious twist. They’re perfect for summer barbecues, or anytime you’re craving a tasty burger.
This recipe for Bacon Cheeseburgers with Coca-Cola Onions is a simple and delicious way to elevate a classic favorite. Give it a try and see why they’re becoming a popular trend in the burger world.
Bacon Cheeseburgers: Ingredients & Equipment
To make these Bacon Cheeseburgers with Coca-Cola Onions, you will need …
- Coca-Cola Onions – follow the link to see the full recipe on my blog. These tasty little morsels will elevate your burger game. You will want to put them on everything!
- ground beef – I prefer to use 80/20 for a juicy and flavorful burger.
- bbq sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, ground black pepper – the seasonings for your burger patties.
- cheddar cheese, tomato slices, green leaf lettuce, thick-cut bacon – or any other topping you might want to add to your burger.
- brioche buns – my personal preference, but you can use any kind of bun you like.
- mixing bowl – to combine the ingredients for your burger patties.
- grill and grill-safe spatula – to grill your burgers, of course.
- tray or baking sheet – to transport your burger patties, etc.
- thermometer – optional, but a great way to ensure your burgers are properly cooked.
How to make Bacon Cheeseburgers with Coca-Cola Onions
Prepare the Coca-Cola Onions. If you haven’t already, follow the recipe to make the caramelized onions and set them aside. If you have already made them, skip this step.
Make the burgers. In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, bbq sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper until well combined. I feel using my hands makes it easier to mix.
Shape the burgers. Divide the meat into six even portions and shape them into patties. Make an indention in the middle of the burgers to help prevent them from plumping up in the center while grilling. Place the prepared burgers on a tray until ready to grill.
Preheat the grill and cook. Preheat the grill. Once hot, add the burgers and cook until your desired temperature is reached.
Add cheese. Take the burgers off the heat and add a slice of cheese to each burger to melt.
Assemble the burgers. Place a bottom of a brioche bun on your serving plate. Top with lettuce and a slice of tomato. Add a burger patty, followed by a piece of bacon broken in half. Top with some of the Coca-Cola onions and add the top bun.
Serve. Serve immediately.
Bacon Cheeseburgers with Coca-Cola Onions: FAQs
When making bacon cheeseburgers, it’s best to use fresh, lean ground beef with at least 80% lean meat and 20% fat. This will give your burgers a juicy and flavorful texture.
There are countless toppings you can add to your burgers, including lettuce, tomato, pickles, ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, and more. Feel free to experiment with different combinations to create a flavor profile that’s uniquely your own.
The best way to know when your burgers are done is to use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. The FDA recommends cooking ground beef to an internal temperature of 160°F (71°C) to ensure it’s safe to eat.
Store the ingredients separately for any leftovers for up to 3 days. Reheat the burger in the microwave or oven until it is warm all the way through. Reheat the onions in the microwave or skillet until warm.
You can also freeze any burgers or onion leftovers for up to 3 months.
Other recipes you may enjoy
For the burgers
- 2 pounds (80/20) ground beef
- 1/4 cup bbq sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 brioche buns
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 6 tomato slices
- 6 pieces of green leaf lettuce
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked crispy
- 1 recipe of Coca-Cola Caramelized Onions
- If you haven't already prepared the Coca-Cola Caramelized onions, prepare those first. If you have already prepared them, skip this step.
- In a large bowl, use clean hands to mix together the ground beef, bbq sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Divide the meat mixture into six even portions and shape them into patties. Make an indention in the middle of the burgers so they don’t plump in the center while grilling. Place the burger patties on a tray until ready to grill.
- Preheat the grill over medium-high heat. Once the grill is hot, add the burgers and cook for about 5-8 minutes on the first side. Then, flip them over and continue to cook until your desired temperature is reached.
- Take the burgers off the heat and place them on a clean tray. Immediately add a slice of cheese to each burger and allow it to melt.
- Place a bottom of a bun on your serving plate. Top with lettuce and a slice of tomato. Add a burger patty, followed by a piece of bacon broken in half. Top with some of the Coca-Cola onions and add the top bun.
- Serve immediately.
- When making burgers, it's best to use fresh, lean ground beef with at least 80% lean meat and 20% fat. This will give your burgers a juicy and flavorful texture.
- The addition of bbq sauce to the burger mix makes it sweet and addictive. However, the patties will be a little softer from the added sauce. Just a warning to be careful while flipping the burgers on the grill so they don’t fall apart. You can also cook them in a skillet on the stove or bake them.
- If you love sauce, you can add more bbq sauce to the burger when serving. You can also add ranch, honey mustard, mayo, ketchup, A1 sauce, or mustard.
- Other yummy cheeses to consider - American, white cheddar, pepper jack, Colby Jack, Monterey Jack, Fontina, and Gruyere.
- Other yummy toppings ideas - avocado, pickles, jalapenos, or a fried egg.
- Store the ingredients separately for any leftovers for up to 3 days. Reheat the burger in the microwave or oven until warm throughout. Reheat the onions in the microwave or skillet until warm. You can also freeze any burgers or onion leftovers for up to 3 months.
- The best way to know when your burgers are done is to use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. The FDA recommends cooking ground beef to an internal temperature of 160°F (71°C) to ensure it's safe to eat.
USDA Temperature Guidelines for Burgers
- Rare: 120°F to 125°F.
- Medium Rare: 130°F to 135°F.
- Medium Well: 150°F to 155°F.
- Well Done: 160°F to 165°F.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Hamburger, Crabcake and Sausage Press, Makes 4 1/2" In Diameter Patties, 1/4lb to 3/4lb, Patty Ejector
Stainless Steel Metal Measuring Spoons, Fits in Spice Jar, Set of 6 with bonus Leveler
Stainless Steel Measuring Cups - 5 Piece Stackable Measuring Set
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
BBQ Tool Aluminum Carrying Case, Deluxe Grill Set, 20-Piece
Char-Broil 4-Burner Cabinet Style Liquid Propane Gas Grill, Stainless Steel
Pop-Up Parchment Paper Sheets, 30 Count
15-Inch Nonstick Baking Sheet
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 burger
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 597Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 173mgSodium: 1558mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 2gSugar: 17gProtein: 26g