My boys (husband included) love anything to do with BBQ sauce, bacon and/or ground beef. I think they could eat it every day. Seriously. Don’t get me wrong … I like it too – just not as much as them! 🙂
BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger Flat Bread Melts
I can think of a million ways to make flat bread melts using different combos of ingredients. I can be a rock star all the time with all these ideas. 🙂 We served it up with some fresh broccoli with dip and fresh fruit on the side. It made a quick, satisfying meal the whole family enjoyed!
- 1-1 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1/2 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Your favorite BBQ sauce, to taste
- 1 1/2 cup (6 oz.) Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 tube (13.8 oz.) refrigerated pizza dough
- In a skillet, heat a few tablespoons of oil over medium-high. Turn to coat the bottom evenly.
- Unroll the tube of pizza dough. Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into 8 equal pieces. Take one piece of the dough and flatten slightly with a rolling pin or your hands. Add to the pan with the oil. Cook on the first side until browned (about 1-2 minutes) and carefully flip the dough piece over. Cook on the second side until browned. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Repeat with remaining dough pieces - add oil as necessary to the pan.
- Meanwhile, in a separate skillet, brown and crumble the beef with onion until meat is no longer pink. Drain if necessary. Stir in the bacon. Add bbq sauce to taste (we like ours the consistency of a less messy Sloppy Joe's). Heat through, stirring occasionally.
To serve, top with beef mixture and cheese.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 1009kcal Calories from fat 733|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 81g||125%|
|Saturated Fat 21g||105%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
I hope you enjoy!
Shared at these
**Don’t forget to link up YOUR Soup Recipes HERE**
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012 All Rights Reserved