From time to time, a really good idea hits me. Sometimes, I act on it immediately – but more often than not, I make little notes to myself (I have tons of notes to myself) to remember to try whatever the idea is. Truth be told, most of my ideas sit, untried … and my list of new things to try is way too long. I have my own ideas and recipes from other sources that have been added to the list and stored away …. Does anyone else have this problem?
For the Dough
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp. warm water (110-115° F.)
- 1 1/2 tsp. active dry yeast
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 -2 1/4 cups bread flour
For the Filling
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- BBQ sauce, to taste
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted - to brush on top of the buns
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add sugar, egg, salt and 1 cup of flour; beat on low speed with an electric mixer for about 3 minutes. With a wooden spoon, add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl and turn once to coat the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, brown and crumble beef with the onion over medium-high heat until beef is no longer pink. Drain. Add bacon and cheese. Add BBQ Sauce to taste. (We like ours the consistency of a less-sloppy Sloppy Joe). Mix well. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Punch down dough and divide into 8 pieces. Roll each piece into a 6 in. circle. Top each circle with about one-eighth of the filling. Fold dough over to meet in the center and pinch edges to seal.
- Place seam-side down on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. Brush with butter. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 655Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 127mgSodium: 559mgFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 27g
I hope you enjoy!
Shared at these
**Don’t forget to link up YOUR Soup Recipes HERE**
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012 All Rights Reserved