This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Wayfair. All opinions are 100% mine.
You can throw this Simple Southwest Chicken & Rice Soup together in no time! Light, easy and delicious! #15recipes
Most of you know that I am a huge fan of soups. I’m not even picky – I like them all! However, with the warmer weather, I tend to lean towards lighter types of soup like Chicken and Rice. As much as I love the traditional version, sometimes I like to spice things up a bit with my Simple Southwest Chicken & Rice Soup!
It comes together super fast – in about the time it takes to cook rice – meaning, dinner can be on the table in less than 30 minutes! Although you could add other ingredients to this soup like corn or black beans, I really wanted to keep this simple. Feel free to add things your family likes to make it heartier if you like!
I’m sharing this Simple Southwest Chicken & Rice Soup as part of the Wayfair 15 Course Meal. With there being 15 courses, I figured a lighter soup would be perfect to share as part of the series! Not to mention, it’s summer! Lighter soups are a must when it’s blazing hot outside! This soup has a light, clear broth with only a few additional ingredients. I like to use leftover or rotisserie chicken to save time. Enjoy!
Simple Southwest Chicken & Rice Soup
You can throw this Simple Southwest Chicken & Rice Soup together in no time! Light, easy and delicious!
- 1 1/2 cup rice
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 can (10 oz.) Ro*Tel Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- 1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies
- Cilantro, chopped
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Add rice. Stir once, or just enough to separate the rice. Cover the pot with a tight-fitting lid and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the water is absorbed. Fluff rice with a fork.
- Meanwhile, bring the chicken stock, chicken, Ro*tel, and green chilies to a simmer in a large saucepan or soup pot over medium heat. Cook until all ingredients are heated through.
Add a scoop of rice to the bottom of a bowl. Ladle the chicken stock mixture over the top. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with a lime wedge to be squeezed into the soup.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 327kcal Calories from fat 49|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 5g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Other Posts You May Enjoy: