Old-fashioned candy brings back memories of childhood with this creamy and fruity Circus Peanut Jello Salad. Potlucks and BBQ’s just got more fun!
Circus Peanut Jello Salad
Does anyone remember the old-fashioned candy, Circus Peanuts? Back in the day, they were made by a candy company called Spangler. The candies are banana-flavored, orange, and peanut-shaped. From what I’ve gathered, they are one of those very polar things that people either love or hate.
How do you make Circus Peanut Jello Salad?
Start by chopping the circus peanuts into small pieces and placing them in a microwave-safe bowl. Add water and microwave until melted and smooth. Mix the orange gelatin with water. Add the melted candy mixture and pineapple to the gelatin. Allow the mixture to partially set. Fold in whipped topping and transfer the mixture to a glass baking dish. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares and garnish with additional Circus Peanuts.
Where do I find Circus Peanuts?
Your local grocery store may carry them. However, I’ve noticed they are not as easy to find as they once were. For this recipe, I found mine on Amazon. I got the big 2-pound bag so I would have plenty for this salad dish, as well as plenty to share with my kiddos for a treat! ?
Other Posts You May Enjoy:
- Cherry Chiffon Salad – Makes a great addition to potlucks and summer barbecues! Serve it as a side dish or a dessert!
- Sea Foam Salad – The perfect no-bake side salad or dessert any time of the year! Just a few simple ingredients and it is ready to go!
- Pistachio Salad – A retro jello salad sometimes known as Watergate Salad. Pistachio pudding combines with crushed pineapple, cherries, nuts, mini marshmallows, and whipped topping for a vintage throwback recipe everyone loves!
- Red Hot Jello Salad – A bit nostalgic and perfectly delicious! Serve it as a fun side dish for dinner! It’s also a great accompaniment to holiday meals!
- Lemon Pineapple Jello with Pineapple Whipped Cream Topping – A light and refreshing slice of vintage wonderfulness! Serve the deliciously sweet and citrusy stuff as a salad or a dessert. Serve the casserole with or without the chopped walnuts on top.
- Caramel Apple Snickers Salad – A deliciously sweet treat perfect for fall! Apples and Snickers candy bars are combined with a creamy pudding mixture, then drizzled with caramel!
Connect with Love Bakes Good Cakes!
If you would love a peek behind-the-scenes … check out my Instagram.
Don’t miss a single recipe!
Follow us on social media:
- 44 circus peanut candies, divided
- 1 cup boiling water, divided
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) orange gelatin
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Set aside 12 circus peanut candies for garnish. With the remaining 32 candies, cut them into small pieces and place them in a microwave safe bowl. Add 1/4 cup of boiling water. Cover and microwave on high for 45 seconds; stir. Microwave 1 minute longer. Stir until smooth.
- In a large bowl, dissolve orange gelatin in remaining 3/4 cup boiling water. Stir in candy mixture and pineapple. Refrigerate until partially set.
- Fold whipped topping into the gelatin mixture. Pour into a 9x13-in. baking dish lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Refrigerate until firm.
- Cut into squares. Top each square with a reserved circus peanut.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 square
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 46Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 18mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 2g