Hi friends! I have teamed up with Krista from A Handful of Everything and several other fabulous bloggers to bring you 12 Days of Bloggy Christmas! Y’all are in for a serious treat – we’re sharing some pretty awesome stuff! Today is the last day of the series, and I hope you have enjoyed it!
Hi y’all! I’m Jamie – the blogger behind Love Bakes Good Cakes. I am excited to be joining Krista and the other wonderful ladies she’s rounded-up to bring you 12 Days of Bloggy Christmas!
Is it just me or does this time of the year seem incredibly busy?! I feel like a dog chasing his tail – I just can’t catch up! I know for us, we will be keeping our holiday festivities a little more simple this year. I really wanted to share something that was easy and economical – because I believe there are a whole lot of people with the same thoughts as us.
I had a few different ideas of what to share and finally settled on Jello Popcorn. Some of y’all may be familiar with it – some of you may have never had it! If you’re looking for a quick and inexpensive gift idea …. or if you need a fun snack idea, this Jello Popcorn could be your solution!
It’s easy to change the colors to suit whatever holiday or occasion – Red and blue for the 4th of July … or orange and purple for Halloween. Maybe some pastels for Easter? Or you could just use your favorite flavor! Peach popcorn, anyone?! You can keep it all one color – or mix ’em up!
This is very reminiscent of traditional caramel corn – but more fun with all of the colors and flavors! You don’t even need a candy thermometer for this recipe! It’s so easy!
- 8 cups popcorn, popped
- 4 tbsp. ( 1/2 stick) butter
- 3 tbsp. light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 pkg. (3 oz.) your favorite Jello flavor (I used Cherry and Lime)
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Line a 15x10x1-inch baking sheet with waxed paper. Place the popcorn in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, cook the butter and corn syrup until the butter is melted. Add the sugar and Jello. Stir until the Jello is completely dissolved. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Immediately pour the Jello mixture over the popcorn; toss to coat well. Spread into the prepared pan and use 2 forks to spread the mixture out as evenly as you can.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Cool.
- Remove from the pan and break into small pieces.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 116Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 7mgFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 1g
Other Holiday posts you may enjoy:
I hope you enjoy! Shared at these
Don’t forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved