Kick up a bag of frozen meatballs with this Slow Cooker Chipotle BBQ Meatballs recipe. You’re 5-ingredients away from an easy appetizer or dinner idea!
I don’t know what it is about meatballs, but my family gets excited whenever they’re on the menu. To be honest, they probably get way more excited than they should be over them. Which, if you have meatball recipes as delish as this Slow Cooker Chipotle BBQ Meatballs recipe, I guess you can kinda understand.
We love these Slow Cooker Chipotle BBQ Meatballs so much that we have them quite a few times throughout the year. They’re a staple for all of our football parties and holidays. Every time we share them at potlucks, or with friends and family, I’m always giving people the recipe! They’re so simple and delicious, making them a real hit with everyone who tries them.
I almost always have a bag (or three) of frozen meatballs in the freezer. I like that I can use them in so many things if I forget to get anything out for dinner … which, if I’m honest, happens too many times! 😳 Of course, if you prefer to make your own meatballs, that works too! We enjoy these Slow Cooker Chipotle BBQ Meatballs for parties, game day, potlucks, and lazy dinners … because those days happen. They’re so each to make and they’re always a crowd favorite! The chipotle peppers in adobo give these meatballs the perfect smoky kick!
If you’re a fan of smokies and prefer those over meatballs – give them a try! They are awesome in this sauce – I’ll even leave the bad “awesomesauce lines” outta here. That’s so 2015 anyways! 😉 Sometimes, we even mix the meatballs and smokies together – just to make it that much easier. Do whatever works for you!
Slow Cooker Chipotle BBQ Meatballs
Kick up a bag of frozen meatballs with this Slow Cooker Chipotle BBQ Meatballs recipe. You're 5-ingredients away from an easy appetizer or dinner idea!
- 1 bottle (28 oz.) barbecue sauce
- 1 jar (18 oz.) cherry preserves/jelly
- 3 canned chipotle peppers in adobo, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. adobo sauce from the chipotle pepper can (optional)
- 1 bag (32 oz.) frozen meatballs
- In a large bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, cherry preserves, chipotle peppers, and adobo sauce until well mixed. Set aside.
- Place the frozen meatballs in a 5 qt. or larger slow cooker. Pour the barbecue sauce mixture over the meatballs and stir to combine.
- Cook on LOW 4-6 hours (HIGH 2-3 hours) or until the meatballs are hot and cooked through.
- Meatballs may be kept warm on the LOW setting.
- You may substitute 2 small packages (12-14 oz.) cocktail-sized smoked sausages in place of the meatballs.
- If you prefer to serve this for dinner, it makes approximately 6-8 dinner servings
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 379kcal Calories from fat 140|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 16g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||30%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|