Baked Potatoes get an easy and delicious update with eggs, bacon, and cheese! These Bacon & Egg Stuffed Baked Potatoes are great for breakfast or dinner!
But before we go, I do have one more awesome bacon recipe to share with you – these Bacon & Egg Stuffed Potatoes! Be sure to read all the way to the end of this post to see what my friends made for the last Bacon Month post!
My family loves these Bacon & Egg Stuffed Baked Potatoes for Sunday brunch. On a rare occasion, we even have them for dinner. While the rest of the family likes just the regular cracked egg in their potato, I like mine scrambled so I give mine a quick whisk before pouring it into the potato shell. You can do whatever you and your family prefer – it’s wonderful either way! If you like your egg yolk runny, make sure to use the shorter cooking time … I don’t do runny eggs at all – ever – which is why I’ll stick to the scrambled version! I also load mine up with extra cheese and bacon and a dollop of sour cream! So, so good! My older boys enjoy theirs with salsa. Whatever floats your boat is what I say.
To celebrate Bacon Month, we’ve got a few giveaways going on – be sure to stop by and enter for a chance to win! We’ve got a year supply of Torani, $100 gift card for Lodge Cast Iron, and $125 PayPal cash …. that’s 3 prizes with 3 winners!! Good luck, y’all!!
- 4 large baking potatoes, scrubbed and baked
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 slices bacon, cooked, drained, and chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sour cream and/or salsa, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Carefully cut the top portion off of a baked potato. Scoop out the filling, leaving about ¼-inch of potato around the sides. Discard the potato filling or save for another use. Place the potatoes on prepared baking sheet.
- Crack an egg into each shell (If you prefer your eggs scrambled, whisk the egg in a small bowl then dump into the potato shell). Top each egg with shredded cheese, bacon, green onions and salt and pepper.
- Bake potatoes for 20-25 minutes, or until the eggs are set. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 727Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 253mgSodium: 1205mgFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 29g
Don’t forget to stop by and see what my friends made for Bacon Month:Bacon Chocolate Chunk Blondies With Salted Chocolate Caramel from Cooking in Stilettos
Other Posts You May Enjoy: