I came up with these Breakfast Tostadas with stuff I already had on hand, and I have to admit, they were pretty good! Try them for yourself.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I have to admit, I have a hard time eating breakfast, mine usually consists of toast and coffee. I’m pretty sure that’s not what all the “scientific diet doctor people” would tell you is the best way to start your day.
The other morning, I was actually wanting breakfast, but I wanted something different. I came up with these Breakfast Tostadas with stuff I already had on hand, and I have to admit, they were pretty good!
- Tostada Shell
- 1/4-1/3 cup refried beans
- Salsa, if desired
- 1-2 scrambled eggs
- shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat beans in a microwave safe container, covered but with space for steam to escape, on full power for about 1 minute or until hot.
- Spread beans on tostada shell.
- Top with desired amount of salsa and put scrambled eggs on salsa.
- Top with shredded Cheddar cheese.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 215Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 307mgSodium: 391mgFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 13g
Originally published on May 16, 2012. Updated on April 20, 2021.