This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Do you have a favorite ethnic style of food? Maybe it’s Italian? Mexican? German? Chinese? … perhaps it’s American? I don’t think I’ve ever met a Mexican, Latin or Spanish type food I didn’t like. I sometimes think I was born into the wrong food culture!
Before our big move, my bloggy friend Evelyn, had posted a recipe for Mexican Breakfast Casserole – and it immediately caught my attention! Of course, I commented on her post … pinned it … and made a note to myself to make it as soon as things settled down here in Arizona.
I changed it up just a little bit by adding Ro-Tel and some hot sauce. We served it with some fresh strawberries … and the only thing I would do different the next time (because there will be a next time), is to double the recipe and bake it in a 9×13 pan. I really wanted some leftovers for the next day – but we didn’t have any leftovers!
I also may try chorizo in place of the bacon one of these times …. seriously, you just can’t go wrong with this dish – it is sooooo good! 🙂
- 1 can (16 oz.) refried beans
- 1 can (10 oz.) Ro-Tel tomatoes, drained
- 6 Corn Tortillas, cut into quarters
- 6 eggs
- Salt & pepper
- 4-6 dashes hot sauce
- 1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 avocado, sliced or chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- Sour cream
- Spray an 8 X 8 baking dish with cooking spray. Spread half of the beans in the bottom of dish. Top with half of the Ro-Tel. Layer the tortillas on top. Spread the other half of the beans over the tortillas and top with the remaining tomatoes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs with salt, pepper and hot sauce to taste. Add the green chilies and mix. Pour the mixture over the tomatoes. Sprinkle the bacon pieces over the top of the eggs. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 15 minutes longer, adding the cheese during the last 5 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with the avocado, tomatoes and sour cream.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 482Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 202mgSodium: 800mgFiber: 8gSugar: 4gProtein: 22g
I hope you enjoy! Shared at these
Don’t forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved