With just a few ingredients, it’s easy to make this Bacon & Egg Breakfast Fried Rice! Who says breakfast has to be boring? Great for dinner, too! #BaconMonth2015
It’s an economical dish that is quick to make and it tastes fantastic no matter what you put into it! For real. I haver made it a ton of ways and it turns out great every single time!! It’s a great way to use up leftovers or if you only have a little bit of an ingredient, it’s a great way to make it stretch to feed a crowd! Fried rice is definitely in my top 5 dishes of things I like to make when I don’t know what to make!
If you think fried rice is only for dinner, I’m here to show you that it is bomb-diggity for breakfast! Yes, bomb-diggity! Brian even asked me to make this again the next day after I made it for pictures for the blog. This Bacon & Egg Breakfast Fried Rice is perfect for a quick breakfast, lunch or dinner!! Although the extent of veggies I used for this dish was limited to onions (white for cooking and green for garnish), you could definitely add some peas & carrots, bean sprouts or any veggie you like to the mix to make it a little more substantial. I like to serve this with fresh fruit for a meal that is so, so simple and delicious!
Bacon & Egg Breakfast Fried Rice
With just a few ingredients, it's easy to make this Bacon & Egg Breakfast Fried Rice! Who says breakfast has to be boring? Great for dinner, too!
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. reserved bacon grease
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cups cooked white rice, cold (see note)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2-3 Green onions, chopped
- Melt butter in a large skillet or wok over medium-low heat. Add eggs and scramble until cooked through. Remove from skillet to a small bowl.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until desired crispness. Remove bacon to paper towels to drain. Reserve 2 tbsp. bacon grease. Discard remaining bacon grease or save for another use.
- Heat bacon grease in the same pan used to cook bacon. Add onion. Saute until the onion is soft. Then add rice and soy sauce. Stir-fry together about 3-5 minutes, until mixture is well combined. Crumble bacon. Add the bacon and eggs to rice mixture; stir to combine.
- Garnish with green onions. Serve immediately.
It is very important to use cold cooked rice for this recipe!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 734kcal Calories from fat 395|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 44g||68%|
|Saturated Fat 17g||85%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Other Posts You May Enjoy: