The only day I really make breakfast is on Sunday, or with company. When I do though, Breakfast Tacos is one of my favorite recipes. Enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Breakfast Tacos with Ham, Green Chilies, Eggs and Cheese
Do you get excited for breakfast? I have to ask because sometimes I think I’m the only one in the world who doesn’t. For the most part, I could take it or leave it – just give me some toast with coffee and we’ll call it good. My family on the other hand? They love it all. To each their own, right?!
The only day I really make breakfast any more is on Sunday or if we have company. Otherwise, my family fends for themselves. Now that I think about it, maybe that’s why they like it so much – it’s not cereal, grits, oatmeal or smoothies! Ha! 🙂
I think y’all are more than aware by now that I just love Mexican food. Nine times out of ten, if given a choice of where to eat, I’m going to be looking for Mexican food! Living in Phoenix, there are tons of restaurants to choose from – I feel like I’ve hit the restaurante mexicano jackpot!
When I’m craving something South of the Border for breakfast, I often turn to tacos – because you can’t get more Mexican than tacos! In this variation, I decided to use ham, eggs and green chilies. Tacos for breakfast? ¡No hay nada mejor que esto! – It doesn’t get any better than this!
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste, optional
- 1 cup cooked ham, cubed
- 1 can (4 oz.) green chilies
- 1-1 1/2 cups (4-6 oz.) Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8-10 corn tortillas, warmed
- Salsa, sour cream or guacamole, optional
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat.
- Cook and stir (scramble) the eggs until almost firm. Add the ham and green chilies and continue to cook until the eggs are firm and scrambled. Top warmed tortillas with egg mixture then cheese.
- Serve with salsa, sour cream or guacamole if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 477Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 311mgSodium: 942mgFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 30g
Originally published on July 12, 2013. Updated on April 23, 2021.