You have to try this Cheeseburger Casserole! It is the best! If you like cheeseburgers, and you want something quick, This is it!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Bisquick, oh how I love thee! The basis of this casserole is the famous Impossibly Easy Pies from Betty Crocker. Have y’all ever tried any of them? I love how easy they are and I always have Bisquick on hand! Actually, I think I almost always have everything for this particular recipe on hand!
With the 4th of July over, many of us are starting to focus our attention on back to school. For most of us, that means fuss-free meals! This Cheeseburger Casserole delivers – while it’s baking you can be prepping a salad, helping kids with homework or catching up on some emails. Easy peasy!
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 oz.) Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Original Bisquick Baking Mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- Your favorite cheeseburger toppings for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a skillet, brown and crumble the beef with the onion until meat is no longer pink, drain. Stir in the ketchup, mustard, and salt. Spread the beef mixture into the prepared pan. Top with cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the Bisquick, milk, and eggs with a wire whisk or a fork until thoroughly combined. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the top of the cheese.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- This casserole easily doubles if you need to feed a crowd! Bake it in a 9x13-inch baking dish instead of the pie plate.
- You can prepare this casserole up to 24 hours in advance. Keep the prepared casserole covered in the refrigerator until ready to bake. Add 5-10 minutes to the bake time (be sure to check with a knife inserted near the center to ensure it comes out clean).
- Make this a Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole by adding a few cooked, crumbled bacon strips!
- We usually serve this casserole with a side of shredded lettuce, tomato, thinly sliced red onion, dill pickle chips, and any other cheeseburger topping we're craving.
- Try adding a sprinkle of sesame seeds before baking.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 519Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 188mgSodium: 670mgFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 32g
Originally published on July 5, 2013.