This Loaded Baked Potato Soup is a cinch to put together! It’s comforting and satisfying – and perfect for these colder nights!
Would you believe there was a time when I would not eat potato soup at all?! I would sit defiantly at the dinner table and refuse to eat it. My parents would threaten me with the famous line of “having it for breakfast” … in which case, I usually responded by reluctantly eating it ….. without chewing – just swallowing and a lot to drink! The thing is, I don’t know what it was about it that made me not like it …… I just didn’t like it.
Long gone are those days. ? I actually look forward to the cooler weather just for a warm, comforting bowl of soup …. and yes, even potato soup! We usually eat it 2 or 3 times during the cooler months. You know it’s a big deal when I send a picture of my potato soup to my mom telling her that I ate it! ? True story!!
I rely on my food processor a lot … It makes chopping veggies so quick and easy! I recently had the opportunity to try the Hamilton Beach Professional 14 Cup Dicing Food Processor! It dices, slices, shreds, kneads, chops, mixes, and purees to your exact specifications with this one appliance!!
The adjustable slicing blade has 14 thickness settings allowing you to slice the thinnest potato slices, and the dicing blade allows you to cut uniform ingredients for salsa, chutneys and more. Yes, this food processor has a DICING BADE!! Seriously, I love it!! I used the dicing blade to cut the potatoes, onions, and celery for this Loaded Baked Potato Soup! It made prep work a breeze! I also love that it comes with a handy storage case to keep accessories organized and accessible!
- 1 lb. bacon, chopped, divided
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 6-8 large potatoes, scrubbed and cubed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups Sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- Sour Cream, Green Onions, optional, for topping
- Fry bacon in a soup pot until crisp. Remove the bacon to paper towels to drain. Set aside.
- Drain bacon grease, reserving 3-4 tbsp. in the soup pot. Cook the onions and celery over medium-high heat until the onions are translucent. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute. Stir in the flour. Add the vegetable stock gradually and continue to stir until fully incorporated. Add the potatoes, salt and pepper. Bring the soup to a simmer over medium-high heat and cook 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Add the whipping cream and heat through. Add half of the bacon and 2 cups of cheese to the soup. Stir until the cheese melts completely.
- Serve with remaining bacon, cheese, sour cream and green onions on top.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1266Total Fat: 82gSaturated Fat: 44gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 31gCholesterol: 243mgSodium: 1663mgCarbohydrates: 82gFiber: 9gSugar: 9gProtein: 53g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary greatly between brands. Always be sure to read labels.