This Cheesy Kielbasa & Potato Soup is perfect for some of those cold nights, when you don’t want to take a lot of time cooking dinner. Nice!
Cheesy Kielbasa & Potato Soup
I know the weather is starting to warm up, but I enjoy soup year-round. Maybe some of y’all do too?! There’s just something so comforting about it. This soup recipe is easy and budget-friendly too!
I like to top individual servings with extra cheese and green onions. I hope you enjoy!
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package (16 oz.) Kielbasa sausage, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 carton (32 oz.) chicken broth
- 5-6 medium potatoes, cubed
- 2 cups milk or half & half
- 6 ounces Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Optional: Extra shredded cheese and chopped green onions, for topping
- In a soup pot, cook the sausage in oil until slightly browned and heated through. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- In the same pot, melt butter. Saute the onion, carrot and celery until the onion is soft and translucent. Stir in the flour. Slowly add the carton of broth, whisking continuously. Add the potatoes and bring to a boil. Lower temperature to medium-low and continue to cook until the veggies are tender - about 15-20 minutes. Add the milk. Heat through. Just before serving, stir in the cheese and mix well until the cheese is melted.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1088Total Fat: 69gSaturated Fat: 30gCholesterol: 190mgSodium: 1525mgFiber: 8gSugar: 14gProtein: 44g
Originally published on May 29, 2013. Updated on April 23, 2021.