Herbed Dinner Rolls. What holiday would be the same without them? These rolls are so golden brown, and fluffy, they’ll melt in you mouth!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Herbed Dinner Rolls
Bread, in one form or another, is an accompaniment to most of our meals. It’s light, airy, and seasoned just right. Using a bread machine to mix the dough, makes this an extremely easy recipe! These would also be perfect for the upcoming holidays.
Other recipes you may enjoy
Herbed Dinner Rolls
Bread, in one form or another, is an accompaniment to most of our meals. I originally found this recipe in a 2004 Taste of Home cookbook and have made it numerous times. It's light, airy and seasoned just right. Using a bread machine to mix the dough, makes this an extremely easy recipe! These rolls would also be perfect for the upcoming holidays.
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3 1/4 cups bread flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Additional butter, melted
- Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a bread machine pan, place the first ten ingredients in the order suggested by the manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing - add 1-2 tablespoons water or flour if needed.)
- When cycle is complete, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough into 16 equal portions; shape each into a ball. Place 2-in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size - about 30-45 minutes.
- Bake at 375° F. for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. If desired, brush with melted butter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 136Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 6mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 4g
Originally published on August 31, 2012. Updated on April 21, 2021.
Jamie lot's of great herbs in this recipe,the rolls look incredible…I know you couldn't hardly wait to taste.
I love herbed crust. I bet these are yummy. Thanks for sharing this week at One Creative Weekend! Have a great weekend!
From Sugar Cookies to Peterbilts
I think these will be a hit in my house 🙂
These are lovely rolls Jamie
I really like using herbs – they give such wonderful taste and aroma
Pinning this one! I love anything where I can at least make the dough in my bread maker. 😉 Annnnddd… I was actually looking for a good roll recipe to use for my Tuesday dinner when we have a friend over. 🙂
Nicky @ Pink Recipe Box
Yum! These sound fantastic. I don't have a bread maker but I'm sure I could whip these up by hand. Pinning – can't wait to try!
I love finding new homemade bread recipes!
Thanks for sharing at Mealtime Monday!
I'm a fan of anything herbed. Thank you for linking!
looks good indeed! Thank you for taking the time to post this. By the way I love the blue plates!
YUM! I love this recipe and can't wait to try it using my bread machine. Thanks for sharing and linking to Tempt My Tummy!
Jaime @ Mom's Test Kitchen
Recipes like this are exactly why I could never do the no-carb diet! I would eat bread with every meal too! Thanks so much for sharing all of your wonderful recipes at Mom's Test Meal Mondays!
That looks delightful! Thanks for linking up at meatless Monday this week 🙂
Claiming Our Space
I so need to get a bread maker! These look delicious. Thanks so much for sharing on Tout It Tuesday. Hope to see you this week!
Those look yummy.