This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
These Lemon Sweet Rolls are perfect for a Spring breakfast! They get off to an easy start with a box of cake mix! Easy to make.
I know you may be wondering where all of the St. Patrick’s Day stuff is. The truth of the matter is, we really don’t celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. The extent of our “celebration” is we may have corned beef and cabbage for dinner … maybe. This year, we probably won’t.
I’ve kinda skipped onto Easter and Spring type dishes. I hope y’all don’t mind. After I made my Red Velvet Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Icing, I knew I wanted to make a Lemon version of those rolls for Spring.
Since these start with a box of cake mix, they’re super easy to make! If you like lemon, you’ll love these! Enjoy!
For the sweet rolls
- 2 pkg. dry yeast (or 4 1/2 tsp. if you buy yeast in bulk)
- 2 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 box (15.25 oz.) Lemon cake mix
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. salt
- 5 cups flour
For the filling
- 2 cups lemon curd
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
For the icing
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4-6 tbsp. milk
- Sprinkle, optional
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the yeast and water until dissolved. Add the cake mix, vanilla, salt and flour. Mix well - the dough will be slightly sticky.
- Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap. Let rise for one hour. Punch down the dough and allow to rise again for another 45 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a large rectangle about ¼-inch thick. Spread the lemon curd all over the dough evenly. Sprinkle the brown sugar over the lemon curd.
- Roll up like a jellyroll, starting on the long edge. Slice into 24 equal pieces.
- Grease two 9x13-inch baking pans. Arrange the sweet roll slices in the pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- While the sweet rolls are baking, prepare the icing by mixing the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and 4 tbsp. milk in a medium mixing bowl until creamy. Add more milk, only if necessary, until desired consistency is reached.
- Top sweet rolls with icing. Top with sprinkles, if desired. Serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 351Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 157mgFiber: 2gSugar: 34gProtein: 5g
Other Posts You May Enjoy: