For future reference, I am a carb-aholic! I love bread, cookies, pasta, pizza, cakes … there is just something about them that kindles fond memories for me. Over the years, I have taken what I have learned from watching my mom, grandma, and aunts in the kitchen – into my own. I have found there is a lot of wisdom in our elders … stuff you just can’t learn from a book … and then there are some things that I thank God for – like brilliant tools that make life easier. Enter my bread-machine. I love that thing! I use it 3 or more times a week on average. I love the fact I can just dump everything in there, push a couple buttons, wait a couple minutes, check the dough, and then go about my business for little more than an hour or so. Come back, shape it, let it rise and bake it. Easy peasy! This is a recipe I’ve used for a few years. I hope you enjoy it as much as our family!
Soft Italian Breadsticks
These Soft Italian Breadsticks are the perfect accompaniment to any dinner! Let your bread machine do the work. A family-favorite!
- 1 cup water (70-80 degrees)
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine, softened
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2-1/4 tsp. active dry yeast
- 1 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- In bread machine pan, place water, butter, salt, bread flour, sugar, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and yeast in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1-2 tbsp. water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is complete, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; cut in half. Cut each portion into 12 pieces; roll each into a 4-6 in. rope. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 20 minutes.
- Bake at 350°F for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove breadsticks from the oven and immediately brush with melted butter; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 1043kcal Calories from fat 258|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 29g||45%|
|Saturated Fat 16g||80%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||24%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|