Spice up your weeknight dinner, game day, or movie night with these irresistible Chicken Nachos! Layers of crunchy chips, melty cheese, and savory shredded chicken, topped with your favorite fixings. A crowd-pleaser for any occasion.
Table of contents
The Ultimate Sheet Pan Chicken Nachos Recipe
If you’re on the hunt for a crowd-pleasing party snack or a quick and delicious weeknight dinner, look no further than our recipes for chicken nachos. These sheet pan chicken nachos are the ultimate comfort food, offering a perfect blend of flavors and textures that will have everyone coming back for more.
Sheet Pan Chicken Nachos: A Flavor Explosion
Our sheet pan chicken nachos recipe is a game-changer for nacho lovers. It combines the convenience of a sheet pan meal with the irresistible appeal of nachos, creating a dish that’s both easy to prepare and incredibly tasty.
Why Sheet Pan Chicken Nachos?
- Convenience: One of the best things about sheet pan nachos is their simplicity. With minimal prep and easy cleanup, you can have a delicious meal ready in no time.
- Versatility: This chicken nachos recipe is incredibly versatile. You can customize it to suit your preferences by adding your favorite toppings like jalapeños, diced tomatoes, or olives.
- Flavorful: The combination of tender shredded chicken and layers of gooey cheese on crunchy tortilla chips creates a flavor explosion that will leave your taste buds dancing.
- Perfect for Any Occasion: Whether you’re hosting a game day party, having a movie night with friends, or simply craving a comforting dinner, sheet pan chicken nachos fit the bill.
In this blog post, we’ll walk you through the steps to create the ultimate sheet pan chicken nachos. We’ll also share some tips and tricks to make your nachos truly exceptional. Your taste buds are in for a treat!
Chicken Nachos: Ingredients & Equipment
To make Sheet Pan Chicken Nachos, you will need …
- triangular tortilla chips – I prefer a sturdy variety, and I recommend avoiding any thin-style chips as they won’t hold up to the toppings.
- mild cheddar cheese – You can substitute medium or sharp cheddar cheese for a stronger flavor.
- marbled cheddar cheese – Colby jack cheese works well as a substitute.
- rotisserie chicken – You can use any leftover shredded chicken for this recipe, but I like rotisserie chicken as it is usually well seasoned. You can also use canned chicken in a pinch, but be aware that it won’t have as much flavor.
- sour cream – Plain Greek yogurt is a nice substitute.
- guacamole – If you prefer, you can top the nachos with fresh avocado instead of guacamole.
- salsa – You can substitute a fresh salsa or pico de gallo or even freshly chopped tomatoes instead.
- extra topping ideas (optional) – chopped green onions, chopped jalapenos, diced tomatoes, chopped cilantro, chopped black olives, lime wedges
- baking sheet lined with parchment paper
Serving Suggestions For Chicken Nachos
- Fresh Salsa and Guacamole: Serve a side of fresh homemade salsa and creamy guacamole. These dips add a burst of freshness and complement the savory flavors of the nachos.
- Sour Cream: A dollop of sour cream is a classic addition that adds a cool and tangy contrast to the spicy and cheesy nachos.
- Pickled Jalapenos: For those who enjoy some heat, offer pickled jalapenos as a topping. They add a zesty kick to each bite.
- Diced Tomatoes: Freshly diced tomatoes bring a juicy and slightly sweet element to the nachos, enhancing their overall flavor.
- Chopped Green Onions: Sprinkle some chopped green onions for a mild onion flavor and a pop of color.
- Black Olives: Sliced black olives provide a briny and earthy note that pairs well with the other toppings.
- Lime Wedges: Offer lime wedges for a squeeze of citrusy brightness, which cuts through the richness of the cheese and chicken.
- Cilantro Leaves: Fresh cilantro leaves can be used as a garnish, adding a burst of herbaceous freshness to the nachos.
- Hot Sauce: Set out various hot sauces for those who prefer an extra spicy kick. This allows each person to customize the heat level to their liking.
- Refried Beans: A side of warm refried beans can be used as a dip or spread on the nachos for added creaminess and flavor.
- Corn Salsa: Consider serving corn salsa for a sweet and slightly crunchy topping that complements the nachos beautifully.
- Avocado Slices: Thinly sliced avocado or chunks of ripe avocado can be a delightful addition, offering a creamy and buttery texture.
Chicken Nachos: FAQs
To keep your nachos crispy, avoid overloading them with toppings before baking. Consider serving toppings like salsa, sour cream, and guacamole on the side for dipping instead.
Store any leftover nachos in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Reheat them in the oven for best results, as the microwave may make the chips soggy.
While it’s best to assemble nachos just before serving to keep them crisp, you can prepare the individual components in advance and quickly assemble and bake them when your guests arrive.
Absolutely! Sheet pan chicken nachos are perfect for feeding a crowd. Simply use a larger sheet pan and scale up the ingredients accordingly.
Other Cooking Methods
- Try them on the grill! You can make grilled chicken nachos by using a grill-safe pan or foil packet. Place the nachos on the grill and cook until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Or the air fryer! You can make air fryer chicken nachos by assembling them in the air fryer basket and cooking at a moderate temperature until the cheese is melted and the chips are crisp.
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 1 bag (11-13 ounces) sturdy, triangular tortilla chips
- 3/4 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 3/4 cup marbled cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded and divided
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup guacamole
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- chopped green onions, chopped jalapenos, diced tomatoes, chopped cilantro, chopped black olives, lime wedges
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Place the oven rack on the top position in the oven. Line a half-sheet baking pan with parchment paper or spray it with cooking spray.
- Spread half of the tortilla chips evenly over the baking sheet and top them with 1/4 cup of each of the shredded cheeses.
- Sprinkle on 3/4 cup of shredded chicken and then top with the remaining tortilla chips.
- Top the chips with another 1/4 cup of each of the cheeses.
- Sprinkle on the remaining chicken and then top with the last of the cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and just beginning to brown in some spots.
- Remove the pan from the oven and immediately sprinkle on the chopped cilantro. Allow the nachos to cool for at least 3-5 minutes.
- Place dollops of sour cream and guacamole on top of the nachos and sprinkle the salsa all over the top.
- If desired, serve with your choice of additional toppings.
- Store any leftover nachos in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Reheat them in the oven for best results, as the microwave may make the chips soggy.
- For the best results, reheat nachos in a preheated oven at 350°F for about 10-15 minutes, or until they are heated through and the cheese is melty.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Calphalon 5-Piece Nylon Kitchen Cooking Utensil Set
Silicone Pot Holder Trivet Mats - Hot Pads Spoon Rest, Multipurpose Trivet for Hot Dishers Heat Resistant Food Grade Silicone Set of 4
Silicone Oven Mitt with Magnet, Licorice Black
Stainless Steel Metal Measuring Spoons, Fits in Spice Jar, Set of 6 with bonus Leveler
Stainless Steel Measuring Cups - 5 Piece Stackable Measuring Set
Chef Knife - 8 Inches
Oversized Cutting Board, 3 Piece, Non-Slip, Extra Large Thick Chopping Boards, Dishwasher Safe, Non-Porous, Set of 3
Parchment Paper Roll with SmartGrid - 3 Boxes of 50 Square Feet (150 Sq. Ft Total)
Commercial Baker's Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 348Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 132mgSodium: 643mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 27g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary significantly between brands. Always be sure to read labels. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Nutrition info may contain errors, so please verify it independently. Likewise, recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them.