Chili Cheese Dog Nachos are one of the recipes that just sound delicious! Of course, kids will rave over these, and adults will like them too!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Chili Cheese Dog Nachos
Sometimes, I like to think outside of the box. Wouldn’t you agree that mealtimes can become so boring …. we fall into these habits where it seems like we’re eating the same thing all the time. Right?! (Please, tell me it’s not just me!)
One way I try to conquer that is by taking something I know my family likes and seeing if I can reinvent it so to speak. My Big Mac Salad and Cuban Medianoches Tacos, are just two of my more recent examples of reinvented recipes. Although there’s nothing wrong with eating a burger …. the idea of making it into a salad – makes it new to my family – and I’m not hearing, “Burgers … Again?” Not to mention when you call it something cool like “Big Mac Salad,” you know the kids will want to eat it!
Anyways, this Chili Cheese Dog Nachos are one of those recipes! My kids love this recipe! It’s quick to make and it’s full of chili-dog flavor! I hope your family enjoys it as well! 🙂
- 1 lb. ground beef
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 lb. hot dogs, diced
- A few shakes of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 8 oz. can water (use the empty tomato sauce can)
- Tortilla chips
- 6-8 oz. Cheddar cheese shredded
- Green onions (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
- In a skillet, brown and crumble the ground beef with salt, pepper, diced onion and the hot dogs until the beef is no longer pink. Drain if necessary. Add the Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, cumin, tomato sauce and water. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until it reaches your desired consistency. (I like ours the consistency of Sloppy Joe's, but make yours how you like it).
- To serve, place the desired amount of tortilla chips on a plate. Top with the meat mixture, then the cheese. Add green onion and sour cream if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 583Total Fat: 48gSaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 125mgSodium: 1141mgFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 31g
Originally published on May 3, 2013. Updated on April 22, 2021.