These Beef and Bean Nachos are the bomb! They’re great as a snack for some, or, a full meal for others. So good and filling, Give them a try!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Beef and Bean Nachos
Uhhh, yeah …. I’m sorta on a “nachos” kick right now …. don’t judge me! I would say, “I can’t help it”, but that would be a total lie. It’s more like I don’t wanna help it. Nachos are just one of those things that are quick and easy to me. Throw in the fact that you can make some awesome flavor combinations, what’s not to love? Exactly.
This is just a straight up regular nachos recipe – like the stuff you’re probably used to …. however, if you’re looking for something a little different and funky, be sure to check out my Chili Cheese Dog Nachos!
I don’t know about y’all, but I like my Beef and Bean Nachos loaded with stuff! Yummm-o! I never claimed this would be diet-friendly! The great thing about recipes like this is if someone doesn’t like something, it’s easy to just leave it off …… if someone like extra of something, well … that’s easy to accommodate too!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 oz.) refried beans
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- 1/8 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- Tortilla Chips (homemade or store bought)
- Nacho Cheese (homemade or store bought)
- Optional toppings: tomatoes, green onions, sour cream, black olives
- In a skillet, cook and crumble the beef with the onion until meat is no longer pink. Drain if necessary. Stir in the beans and seasonings. Add water. Cook and stir over low-medium heat until the mixture is well combined and the beans have thickened slightly and are heated through. Remove from heat.
- Layer tortilla chips on a plate. Add desired amount of nacho cheese. Spoon desired amount of meat/bean mixture on top. Add optional toppings if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 420Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 675mgFiber: 6gSugar: 2gProtein: 26g
Originally published on May 10, 2013. Updated on April 23, 2021.