This is a sponsored post for PeakFection. Any and all opinions expressed are my own.
Take your taste buds “South of the Border” with these Beef Enchiladas.
This post has been a long time in the making. Seriously. Every time I have tried to take pictures for this post, I have come to the realization that enchiladas do not like to have their picture taken. They are not that photogenic … at least not for me! If one positive came out of all of those picture sessions, it was that was my family had plenty of these Beef Enchiladas to eat – and I had lots of practice taking pictures with uncooperative food!
Earlier this month, you may remember that I posted my Homemade Enchilada Sauce. I also told you about my mom’s friend, Sharon. You may also remember that I learned all of the bad words in Spanish from her kids and I had some of the most amazing enchiladas at her house when I was younger. I’m not kidding when I tell you those were the best Beef Enchiladas I have ever had.
Over the years, I have tried to duplicate Sharon’s enchiladas. I know the recipe may look complicated – but let me assure you it is super easy. Just know, you will dirty a few dishes making these Beef Enchiladas – but it will be worth it! I love making this dish for family, and it’s always a hit with guests!
As you know, no Mexican meal is complete without guacamole and red salsa. They are staples with almost every Mexican or Tex-Mex meal. Although I do make my own salsa and guacamole most of the time, I also value the convenience of prepared guacamole and red salsa. The PeakFection line of salsas and guacamole at Fry’s (a Kroger banner store), uses fresh ingredients that are captured at the peak of perfection, using a cold water process so they stay fresh longer. It’s fresh and ready when you need it!
I love knowing that I can pick up PeakFection guacamole and salsa in my local deli department at Fry’s on my regular shopping day and have it ready to go when dinnertime comes later in the week. PeakFection was made for busy moms like you and me! It adds freshness and flavor anytime, making it a hero in the kitchen!
Take your taste buds "South of the Border" with these Beef Enchiladas.
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup (4 oz.) Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Homemade Enchilada Sauce
- 8 corn tortillas
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Additional shredded Cheddar cheese, for topping
- Additional sour cream, for topping
- Sliced green onion, for topping
- PeakFection Guacamole, PeakFection Salsa
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown and crumble the ground beef with the onion until beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the sour cream, cheese, parsley and pepper. Cover and set aside.
- Pour the prepared enchilada sauce into an ungreased pie plate. Set aside.
- Add about ½-inch oil to a medium skillet. Heat over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, fry tortillas one at a time for 3-5 seconds on each side, just enough to soften the tortillas. Drain and place on a cooling rack place over a cookie sheet to cool. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Dip each tortillas into the enchilada sauce to coat both sides. Place the tortilla on a plate and place about ¼-cup of the beef mixture onto the tortilla; roll tortilla around the filling. Place the tortilla in an ungreased 11x7x2-inch baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Pour any remaining sauce over the enchiladas.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Garnish with additional shredded cheese, sour cream and green onions. Serve with PeakFection Guacamole and Salsa.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 904kcal Calories from fat 689|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 77g||118%|
|Saturated Fat 20g||100%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
The PeakFaction line is great as dips or as an ingredient to add flavor in your favorite recipes! PeakFection comes in a variety of flavors:
- 5 salsas (red in 3 spice levels and roasted in 2 spice levels)
- 2 guacamoles (traditional and spicy)
These Beef Enchiladas are one of my family’s favorite meals and the PeakFection Red Salsas and Guacamole are the perfect accompaniment! I would love to know how would you enjoy these new PeakFection Salsas and Guacamoles?
Other Posts You May Enjoy: