Casseroles ….. the very word makes some people cringe, while others smile in delight. What side of the great casserole debate are you on? Personally, I love them. I think they’re comforting and they’re usually fairly economical. That’s a pretty good start to a wonderful recipe in my book!
Beefy Jalapeno Corn Bake
This Beefy Jalapeno Corn Bake has been in our family's handy dandy "Keeper" binder forever. It's easy to make and there is plenty to feed our family of 7! I have to admit, I have even enjoyed the leftovers for breakfast!
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (14 oz) cream-style corn
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 4 cups (16 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a 13x9x2-in. baking pan and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook and crumble the beef until no longer pink. Drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, corn, milk and oil. Add cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well. Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with 2 cups of cheese. Top with beef, onions and jalapenos. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Pour the remaining batter over the top. Use the back of a spoon to spread the batter all the way to the edges.
- Bake, uncovered, for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center tests clean.
- Serve hot.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 528kcal Calories from fat 339|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 38g||58%|
|Saturated Fat 14g||70%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
I hope you enjoy! Shared at these
Don’t forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved