Casseroles ….. the very word makes some people cringe, while others smile in delight. What side of the great casserole debate are you on? Personally, I love them. I think they’re comforting and they’re usually fairly economical. That’s a pretty good start to a wonderful recipe in my book!
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (14 oz) cream-style corn
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 4 cups (16 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a 13x9x2-in. baking pan and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook and crumble the beef until no longer pink. Drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, corn, milk and oil. Add cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well. Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with 2 cups of cheese. Top with beef, onions and jalapenos. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Pour the remaining batter over the top. Use the back of a spoon to spread the batter all the way to the edges.
- Bake, uncovered, for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center tests clean.
- Serve hot.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 528Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 113mgSodium: 505mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 23g
I hope you enjoy! Shared at these
Don’t forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved