This Beefy Jalapeno Corn Bake is a keeper! If you have any leftovers from dinner, this casserole works out as a good breakfast meal too!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Beefy Jalapeno Corn Bake
Casseroles, the very word makes some people cringe, while others smile in delight. What side of the great casserole debate are you on? Personally, I love them. I think they’re comforting and they’re usually fairly economical. That’s a pretty good start to a wonderful recipe in my book!
This recipe has been in our family’s handy dandy “Keeper” binder forever. It’s easy to make and there is plenty to feed our family of 7! I have to admit, I have even enjoyed the leftovers for breakfast! (shhhh!)
Despite having jalapenos, this recipe doesn’t have a lot of “heat” to it as long as you remove the seeds and membranes from the jalapenos. Even the kiddos like it. We usually serve this with a side salad and some sort of fruit.
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (14 oz) cream-style corn
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups (16 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a 13x9x2-in. baking pan and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook and crumble the beef until no longer pink. Drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, corn, milk and oil. Add cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well. Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with 2 cups of cheese. Top with beef, onions and jalapenos. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Pour the remaining batter over the top. Use the back of a spoon to spread the batter all the way to the edges.
- Bake, uncovered, for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center tests clean.
- Serve hot.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 528Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 113mgSodium: 505mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 23g
Originally published on August 19, 2012. Updated on April 21, 2021.