Add a burst of flavor to your meals with Coca-Cola Caramelized Onions. They’re a sweet and savory twist on the classic condiment, and they elevate your taste buds and any dish with a delicious and unique flavor.
Table of contents
Caramelized Onions for Burgers
Are you looking for a unique and delicious way to add flavor to your meals? Look no further than Coca-Cola Caramelized Onions!
This savory condiment is a twist on a classic recipe, combining the sweetness of caramelized onions with the distinct taste of Coca-Cola. It’s a match made in heaven that will elevate any dish.
One of the great things about Coca-Cola Caramelized Onions is their versatility. You can use it as a topping for burgers or hot dogs, mix it into sauces and dips, or even add it to salads for a burst of flavor. I love adding them to pizzas and sandwiches! They pair well with a variety of dishes, including grilled meats, roasted vegetables, and even tacos! The possibilities are endless!
But the real magic is in the taste. The combination of the caramelized onions and Coca-Cola creates a unique flavor profile that’s both sweet and savory. It’s the perfect way to add depth to your dishes without overwhelming them with spice or heat.
So the next time you’re looking for a way to elevate your meals, try this recipe for Coca-Cola Caramelized Onions. Your taste buds will thank you!
Coca-Cola Onions: Ingredients & Equipment
To make Coca-Cola Caramelized Onions, you will need …
- sweet onions, olive oil, salt, ground black pepper, and Coca-Cola – that is literally all you need for this recipe. Easy peasy.
- knife and cutting board – to cut your onions into slices.
- large skillet and a utensil for stirring – for cooking the onions.
How to make Coca-Cola Caramelized Onions
Prepare the onions. Start by cutting the onions into ¼ inch rounds, discarding the root and skin. Separate the onion pieces into rings and set them aside.
Cook the onions. Next, place a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil, onions, salt, and pepper, stir to coat the onions in the oil and seasonings. Cook until the onions are translucent and starting to soften.
Add the Coke and cook down. Next, add the Coca-Cola to the skillet and stir to combine. Continue to cook until caramelized, browned, and soft, and almost all of the liquid is cooked out.
Serve. Take the onions off the heat and serve them as a condiment for burgers or sandwiches, as a topping for pizzas, or any way you choose!
Coca-Cola Caramelized Onions: FAQs
These caramelized onions are incredibly versatile and can be used in a variety of ways. They make a great topping for burgers or hot dogs, can be mixed into sauces or dips, or even added to salads for a burst of flavor.
While they do have a hint of the distinctive Coca-Cola taste, they primarily taste like caramelized onions with a sweet and savory twist.
Yes, they are gluten-free.
Stored in an airtight container, you can refrigerate them for up to a week. You can also freeze them for up to two months. To make it easier to use them in recipes, I like to freeze portions in ice cube trays and then transfer them to a zip-top bag so I can just grab what I need for a recipe.
No. They are not spicy. They have a sweet and savory flavor profile but do not contain any heat.
Yes, this recipe can be used in place of regular caramelized onions in most recipes. They add a unique flavor profile that can elevate the dish.
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 4 medium sweet onions, cut into 1/4-inch rings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup Coca-Cola soft drink
- Separate the rings of the onion, and set them aside momentarily.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil, onions, salt, and pepper. Give the onions a stir to coat them in the oil and seasonings. Cook, occasionally stirring, for 15 minutes or until the onions are translucent and starting to soften.
- Add the Coke to the onion mixture and stir to combine. Continue to cook until the onions are caramelized, and almost all of the liquid is cooked out, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and use the onions in your favorite recipes.
- Stored in an airtight container, you can refrigerate these onions for up to a week. You can also freeze them for up to two months. To make it easier to use them in recipes, I like to freeze portions in ice cube trays and then transfer them to a zip-top bag to make it easier to grab what I need for a recipe.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Stainless Steel Metal Measuring Spoons, Fits in Spice Jar, Set of 6 with bonus Leveler
Oversized Cutting Board, 3 Piece, Non-Slip, Extra Large Thick Chopping Boards, Dishwasher Safe, Non-Porous, Set of 3
Chef Knife - 8 Inches
Silicone Spatula Set of 4
Nonstick-Hard-Anodized, 12-Inch, Skillet w/Glass Cover
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 134Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 440mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 21gProtein: 2g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary significantly between brands. Always be sure to read labels. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Nutrition info may contain errors, so please verify it independently. Likewise, recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them.