Teriyaki Chicken with Homemade Teriyaki Sauce is a quick and easy meal for weeknights. I know you are sure to enjoy. Give it a try!
Teriyaki Chicken with Homemade Teriyaki Sauce
This is a quick and easy meal for weeknights. The sauce can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for up to a week. I like to use my George Foreman grill for this – but feel free to bake, grill or even stir-fry your chicken!
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Chicken pieces
- Assorted veggies, optional
For the sauce:
- In a small saucepan, combine all the ingredients over medium heat. Simmer and stir frequently until the sauce thickens.
To bake chicken:
- Place chicken in a baking pan lined with foil (for easier clean-up). Place chicken pieces in pan and top with sauce. Bake in a preheated oven at 400° F. for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Baste chicken with sauce occasionally while cooking.
To grill chicken:
- Prepare and preheat grill. Place chicken pieces on grill and cook until chicken is cooked through; turning occasionally. Baste chicken with sauce a few times towards the end of the cooking, take caution not to burn the chicken.
To stir-fry chicken:
- Heat a small amount of vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Quickly stir-fry the chicken. Add desired vegetables and cook and toss until vegetables are tender-crisp. Add desired amount of teriyaki sauce and toss to coat.
- Serve over rice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 911Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 9269mgFiber: 3gSugar: 122gProtein: 41g
Originally published on August 1, 2012. Updated on April 21, 2021.