This Ham and Pineapple Fried Rice makes a quick, easy and delicious dinner idea! Use this recipe at your next party!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Ham and Pineapple Fried Rice
With back-to-school, that also means more easy meal ideas and one of my favorite meals is fried rice! I probably have 20 variations of the dish! I love that it’s quick, simple and it’s a great way to use leftovers! You can use almost anything you like in fried rice with great results!
We’re back to school here in Arizona! Although we homeschool, we keep a very similar schedule to the public schools. We often work through holidays and breaks – only taking days off for Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter. While public school kids often enjoy a few days off, my kiddos still do school work.
It gives us a chance to go farther in depth with studies and if my kiddos struggle with any lessons, I can ensure they grasp the concepts before we move on to other lessons.
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. water
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots, thawed and drained
- 4 cups cooked white rice, cold (see note)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (more to taste)
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper (more to taste)
- 2 cups cooked ham, diced
- 1 can (20 oz.) pineapple tidbits, drained
- In a small bowl, beat egg with water. Melt the butter in a large skillet or wok over medium-low heat. Add egg and scramble until cooked through. Remove from skillet to a small bowl. Heat oil in the same pan. Add onion and peas and carrots. Saute until the onion is soft. Then add rice, soy sauce, garlic, black pepper, ham, and pineapple. Stir-fry together about 3-5 minutes, until mixture is well combined. Add the eggs and stir to combine.
- Serve hot!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 484Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 108mgSodium: 1392mgFiber: 2gSugar: 17gProtein: 19g
Originally published on August 5, 2013. Updated on April 23, 2021.