Quick and Easy Chicken Fried Rice is an economical dinner idea! It’s versatile too – use shrimp, pork, ham or Spam in place of the chicken! The possibilities are endless with this basic recipe – It’s a great way to re-purpose leftovers!
This is one of my family’s favorite recipes! Not only is it easy on the pocketbook, but it rivals the stuff you get at your favorite take-out joint! I actually think I like it better than takeout! I almost always have all of the ingredients on hand to make this tasty Chicken Fried Rice!
One of the great things about this recipe is you can totally change up the protein …. substitute shrimp, pork, ham, Spam, tofu or even go meatless …. you can add whatever veggies you have on hand and if you like, add pineapple and/or ginger! I could eat this stuff every single day and never get tired of it!
Quick and Easy Chicken Fried Rice
Quick and Easy Chicken Fried Rice is an economical dinner idea! It's versatile too - use shrimp, pork, ham or Spam in place of the chicken! The possibilities are endless with this basic recipe - It's a great way to re-purpose leftovers!
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. water
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (16 oz.) bag frozen peas and carrots, thawed, (optional)
- 4 cups cooked white rice, cold*** (see note)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken meat, or meat of choice
- In a small bowl, beat egg with water. Melt butter in a large skillet or wok over medium-low heat. Add egg and scramble until cooked through. Remove from skillet to a small bowl.
- Heat oil in the same pan. Add onion, garlic and the peas and carrots. Saute until the onion is soft. Then add rice, soy sauce, black pepper and chicken. Stir-fry together about 3-5 minutes, until mixture is well combined. Add the eggs; stir to combine.
- Serve hot.
It is very important to use cold rice for this recipe!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 272kcal Calories from fat 85|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 9g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Other Posts You May Enjoy:
I hope you enjoy! Shared at these fun parties!
Don’t forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved