This Asian Cucumber Salad is the perfect accompaniment to a summer BBQ as well as an Asian-themed meal. Light, refreshing, and easy to prepare.
Asian Cucumber Salad recipe
If you are looking for something a little bit different to enjoy this summer, try this Asian Cucumber Salad! Unlike so many of our typical seasonal salads, this one has no mayo. It makes a great addition to any bbq, cookout, or weeknight dinner.
Although I think this salad is best with that bumper crop of cucumbers from the garden, this is one side salads that would be great all year long! Cucumbers are relatively inexpensive in the off-season.
Personally, I like to scoop out the seeds out of the cucumbers for this particular salad, but you can leave them if you prefer. Sometimes, we even add in some grape tomatoes that have been cut in half.
This Asian Cucumber Salad was also a great addition to our Korean Beef dinner. We normally have it with steamed rice and broccoli – so the switch to this cool and refreshing salad was a nice change – especially with the temperatures soaring well over 100°F here in Phoenix!
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cucumbers, halved lengthwise, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk together rice vinegar, sugar, sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, sesame seeds, and red pepper flakes until well combined.
- Add cucumbers and red onion. Mix well. Refrigerate 2 hours before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 74Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 150mgFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g