Cool down with refreshing Patriotic Berry Popsicles! Made with only three ingredients: creamy Greek yogurt, smooth vanilla almond milk, and a medley of mixed berries. Beat the summer heat in a patriotic and delicious way!
Table of contents
Indulge in the ultimate summer treat with homemade Patriotic Berry Popsicles. Made with only three wholesome ingredients – Greek yogurt, vanilla almond milk, and a medley of mixed berries – these popsicles are not only delicious but also packed with nutrients.
When the temperature soars, nothing beats the cooling satisfaction of a popsicle. These Greek Yogurt and fruit popsicles offer a delightful blend of flavors and health benefits. Greek yogurt forms a creamy base, lending a velvety texture while providing probiotics for gut health and protein for energy.
Enhancing the creamy goodness, vanilla almond milk adds a touch of sweetness without overpowering the natural fruit flavors. Its smoothness complements the tanginess of the Greek yogurt, resulting in a harmonious combination.
The star attraction is the vibrant medley of mixed berries. Loaded with antioxidants, vitamins, and fiber, these colorful gems contribute to the popsicles’ patriotic flair. From juicy strawberries to plump blueberries and tangy raspberries, each bite is a burst of refreshing taste and nutritional goodness.
Creating your own Patriotic Berry Popsicles is a breeze. Simply combine the ingredients, pour the mixture into popsicle molds, and freeze until solid. With their vibrant colors and enticing flavors, these popsicles are not only a delightful summer treat but also a feast for the eyes.
Celebrate the summer season with homemade Patriotic Berry Popsicles. Made with Greek yogurt, vanilla almond milk, and mixed berries, these frozen delights offer a nutritious and refreshing way to enjoy the vibrant flavors of summer. Treat yourself and beat the heat in style.
Berry Popsicles: Ingredients & Equipment
To make patriotic popsicles, you will need …
- vanilla Greek yogurt – I like to use full fat for a creamier texture and flavor. You can use non-fat Greek yogurt if you prefer a lower-fat option. However, keep in mind that full-fat Greek yogurt will result in a creamier and richer texture. You can also use flavored yogurt for a different taste experience. Keep in mind that it will alter the overall flavor profile of the popsicles. Adjust the sweetness accordingly and consider using complementary flavors such as mixed berry-flavored yogurt.
- vanilla almond milk – You can substitute vanilla almond milk with any variety of milk, such as cow’s milk, coconut milk, oat milk, cashew milk, etc.
- mixed berries – You can substitute the mixed berries for any other fruits you prefer, such as pineapple, cherries, kiwis, bananas, oranges, etc. Obviously, they wouldn’t be patriotic with those substitutions. But, they will still be colorful and delicious!
- bowl and whisk – for combining the popsicle ingredients.
- popsicle mold and straws or popsicle sticks – to make the popsicles.
- skewer or fork – for pushing the berries into the molds.
How to make Patriotic Berry Popsicles
Combine ingredients. Start by blending the Greek yogurt and vanilla almond milk in a medium bowl.
Fill popsicle molds. Transfer the yogurt mixture into the popsicle mold, filling each cavity about three-quarters full.
Add fruit and sticks. Using skewers or a fork, push some of the berries into the molds. Insert sticks.
Freeze. Place the molds in the freezer and allow the popsicles to freeze until solid.
Enjoy! Once frozen, they are ready to enjoy!
Patriotic Berry Popsicles: FAQs
Yes, they can be a healthy treat. Greek yogurt is a good source of protein and calcium, while mixed berries offer antioxidants, vitamins, and fiber. Vanilla almond milk adds a touch of sweetness without excessive calories. However, it’s always a good idea to be mindful of portion sizes and your specific dietary needs.
You can use either fresh or frozen berries for this recipe. Fresh berries will provide a vibrant and juicy texture, while frozen berries can give a slightly thicker consistency. Feel free to use whichever option you prefer or have on hand.
The freezing time can vary depending on your freezer temperature and the size of the popsicle molds. On average, it takes about 4-6 hours for the popsicles to freeze completely. To be sure, it’s recommended to leave them in the freezer overnight.
Absolutely! While the basic recipe calls for three main ingredients, you can get creative and add extras if desired. For example, you can add a drizzle of honey or maple syrup for added sweetness, a sprinkle of granola for crunch, or even some fresh mint leaves for a refreshing twist. Customize the popsicles to your liking!
Once the popsicles are fully frozen, you can store them in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 2-3 months. However, for the best taste and texture, it’s recommended to consume them within the first month.
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 2 cups vanilla Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup mixed berries
- In a medium bowl, using a whisk, mix together Greek yogurt and almond milk until it is a smooth creamy texture.
- Spoon the yogurt mixture into 6 popsicle molds until they are each about ¾ full to leave room for fruit.
- Using a skewer or fork, stir the berries into the molds. The mixture will be thick, so make sure to push some of
the berries to the bottom of the mold for even flavor and placement.
- Place a straw or popsicle stick into the center of each popsicle, making sure to leave about 2 inches sticking out.
- Place your popsicle molds into the freezer and freeze overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- Remove your popsicles from the molds and serve or store them for future enjoyment.
- These Berry Popsicles should be stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2-3 months.
- To remove popsicles from the mold easily, place them bottom side down in a bowl of hot water for about 30 seconds or until they can be easily removed. Be sure not to let the water flow over the top of the popsicles.
- For a fun new twist, try blending all of the ingredients together before filling the popsicle molds!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 popsicle
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 239Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 36mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 3g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary significantly between brands. Always be sure to read labels. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Nutrition info may contain errors, so please verify it independently. Likewise, recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them.