Need a new breakfast idea? This Blueberry Banana Smoothie Bowl is easy to whip together and it is a delicious way to start your day!
I have a real treat for you guys today! This Blueberry Banana Smoothie Bowl is so decadent and almost dessert-like! But, it is also healthy, quick, and easy. And might I mention that it almost looks like a work of art?! You will love waking up for breakfast when this Blueberry Banana Smoothie Bowl is being served!
What is a smoothie bowl?
A smoothie bowl usually consists of a thick blend of frozen fruits and/or vegetables, often times, with other mix-ins. The consistency is almost ice cream like.
What makes the smoothie bowl thick?
Frozen fruit! Although almost any fruit will work, bananas really help give smoothie bowls that ice cream consistency. If you’re on Pinterest, I’m sure you have seen those “nice cream” recipes made with frozen bananas …. smoothie bowls along the same concept.
What if I prefer a less thick smoothie bowl?
Small amounts of water, milk, or fruit juice may be added to thin out the smoothie bowl.
What if I prefer a thicker smoothie bowl?
You can add oatmeal, chia seeds, yogurt, silken tofu, or avocado! Oatmeal is my favorite smoothie thickener – and it’s best to grind it to a flour like texture BEFORE adding any other ingredients.
How long can I refrigerate a smoothie bowl?
Fresh is best. And really, for how fast and easy it is to put together, you really should try to go that route. However, if you need to make it ahead, it is best to use the smoothie within 24 hours. It should be noted, as the fruit thaws, the smoothie will be less thick. Using some of the thickeners mentioned above are a good way to help keep it thick.
What you’ll need for this recipe:
Other Posts You May Enjoy:
- Mixed Berry Smoothie Bowl
- Sunshine Smoothie with Banana and Mango
- Peach-Banana Oatmeal Smoothie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Smoothie
- Pineapple Orange Smoothie
Don’t forget to pin it!
Blueberry Banana Smoothie Bowl
- 1 frozen ripe banana, peeled
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 container (5.3 ounce) vanilla Greek yogurt (or about 1/2 cup) - Frozen
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp. coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 fresh banana, peeled and sliced
- 2 slices kiwi
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- In a large blender or food processor, add the banana, blueberries, frozen yogurt, and milk. Cover and blend/process until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a serving bowl, and top with toppings.
- Serve cold, immediately.
- To make the smoothie bowl thick, more like soft-serve ice cream consistency and easier to eat with a spoon, be sure to freeze the yogurt, as well.
- Feel free to add more toppings to your smoothie bowl! Some great additions: almonds, pecans, dried fruit, or other fresh fruits like strawberries, cherries, or blackberries.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 607Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 133mgFiber: 16gSugar: 64gProtein: 21g