Your family will love waking up to this Fruit and Yogurt Breakfast Parfait recipe. Yogurt is topped with fruit and granola for an easy breakfast idea.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
With the start of the new year, I wanted to share one of my new favorite breakfast ideas with you. As most of you know, I’m not really a breakfast eater – and my default breakfast if usually toast and coffee. Not very nutritional, eh?
I have tried to like breakfast and since I made eating an actual breakfast one of my goals for 2017, I was much better with my choices. That’s not saying I didn’t occasionally rever to my toast and coffee … because I did. Some of my staple breakfast ideas for 2017 were:
- Overnight oatmeal. I found that I really, really like this! Some of the flavor combos almost seemed dessert-like!
- Omelets stuffed with spinach, tomatoes, and cheese. Or just scrambled eggs and salsa with a tortilla.
- Avocado toast with fresh tomato slices, and sometimes, an egg.
- A few weeks, I made my own make-ahead breakfast bowls … which reminds me, I need to make them again soon! So good!
- Fruit and Yogurt Breakfast Parfait. Not only did I love these little cups, but my kids loved them too! I loved being able to switch up the flavors and the fact that there was no cooking involved! My 6 and 8-yr olds loved making their own parfaits!
My personal favorite is a Mixed Berry and Vanilla Greek Yogurt Breakfast Parfait, but you can easily use your favorite fruit. Although I used frozen fruit, fresh fruit in season would be great! My next favorite flavor was a tropical parfait made with key lime Greek yogurt, pineapple, coconut, and macadamia nuts mixed in with the granola layer. Mmmmmm! My daughter loved vanilla Greek yogurt with Mandarin oranges and granola. Let your imagination run wild with flavor combos – we haven’t found a bad combination yet!
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, any flavor, divided
- 1/4-1/3 cup granola, divided
- 1/3 cup frozen mixed berries, thawed, divided
- Layer half of the yogurt in the bottom of a container. Top with half of the granola and half of the berries. Repeat layers.
- Serve immediately.
- To prep this ahead: layer yogurt and berries into a container. Refrigerate. When ready to serve, sprinkle granola over the top.
- Switch up the fruit for new flavors.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 327Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 77mgFiber: 4gSugar: 17gProtein: 16g