Patriotic Rice Crispy Treats are the perfect way to add a burst of color and flavor to your festivities. These delightful treats are a creative twist on the beloved classic Rice Krispy Treats, capturing the essence of patriotism in every bite.
Table of contents
These Patriotic Rice Crispy Treats bring a vibrant and patriotic touch to any occasion. With their red, white, and blue hues, they are visually appealing and evoke a sense of national pride.
Whether it’s a Fourth of July barbecue, Memorial Day picnic, or simply a patriotic-themed party, these treats are sure to steal the show.
Just like the classic Rice Krispy Treats, this patriotic version is incredibly easy to make. All you need is the traditional recipe’s three main ingredients: crispy rice cereal, marshmallows, and butter.
The only difference is that you’ll add red, white, and blue sprinkles to achieve the patriotic color scheme. Kids and adults alike will enjoy the gooey marshmallow texture combined with the crispy crunch.
One of the best aspects of these Rice Crispy Treats is their versatility. You can get creative by adding additional elements like edible glitter, sprinkles, or even mini chocolate chips to enhance the visual appeal and taste.
Feel free to shape them into stars, flags, or any other patriotic symbol to take the presentation to the next level.
Patriotic Rice Crispy Treats are a fun and delicious way to celebrate special occasions and showcase your national spirit. With their colorful appearance and nostalgic taste, these treats will surely become a hit among both young and old. Get creative with the presentation and let your imagination run wild.
So, gather your ingredients, put on your chef’s hat, and enjoy the delightful process of creating some patriotic food that will bring smiles and happiness to all who indulge.
Rice Crispy Treats: Ingredients & Equipment
To make Patriotic Rice Crispy Treats, you will need …
- mini marshmallows, salted butter, vanilla extract, and rice crispy cereal – just like the ingredients needed to make the classic recipe.
- red, white, and blue sprinkles and star sprinkles – this is what transforms your regular ol’ treats into patriotic ones!
- medium saucepan and rubber spatula/wooden spoon – for melting the marshmallow mixture and combining the ingredients
- 9×13-inch baking dish and knife – for forming your treats into squares
How to make Patriotic Rice Crispy Treats
Melt ingredients. Start by melting and combining the butter, marshmallows, and vanilla in a large saucepan.
Add the cereal. Once melted, add the crispy rice cereal and mix until well-coated.
Stir in the sprinkles. Gently stir in the red, white, and blue sprinkles until they are well distributed throughout the mixture.
Place mixture in a pan and top with sprinkles. Spread the mixture evenly into a 9×13-inch baking dish. Then, top with the star sprinkles.
Cool and cut. Let the treats cool in the fridge for one hour before cutting them into desired shapes.
Rice Crispy Treats: FAQs
Absolutely! These little treats offer endless possibilities for customization. You can add various mix-ins like chocolate chips, nuts, dried fruits, or sprinkles to add flavor and texture. Additionally, you can drizzle melted chocolate or caramel on top for an extra indulgent touch.
When stored in an airtight container at room temperature, they can stay fresh for up to 3-4 days. However, they are most delicious when consumed within the first day or two after making them.
Yes, you can make them in advance. Simply prepare them as usual, let them cool completely, and store them in an airtight container. They should be consumed within a few days for the best taste and texture.
Traditional Rice Crispy Treats are not gluten-free since the crispy rice cereal typically contains gluten. However, there are gluten-free crispy rice cereal options available, which can be used to make gluten-free Rice Crispy Treats.
Marshmallows are a key ingredient in these treats, as they provide the sticky texture that binds the cereal together. While there are alternative recipes using ingredients like peanut butter or honey, they will result in a different taste and texture compared to the classic version.
Yes, they can be frozen. Place them in an airtight container or wrap them individually in plastic wrap. Thaw them at room temperature before consuming them. However, note that freezing may slightly affect the texture, making them slightly less crispy.
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups rice crispy cereal
- 1/2 cup red, white, and blue sprinkles
- 2 tablespoons star sprinkles
- Place the marshmallows, butter, and vanilla in a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir the ingredients constantly until all the marshmallows have completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Turn off the heat and add the cereal to the pan and fold the ingredients together until the cereal is completely coated in the melted marshmallow mixture.
- Gently fold in the red, white, and blue sprinkles until they are evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Spread the mixture into a 9x13-inch baking dish and top with the star sprinkles.
- Allow the Rice Crispy Treats to cool in the fridge for 1 hour before cutting them into bars or shapes and serving.
- When stored in an airtight container at room temperature, these treats can stay fresh for up to 3-4 days. However, they are most delicious when consumed within the first day or two after making them.
- I find it easier to cut these into squares after they have time to cool. This also makes them less messy to
serve (which is a major help if you have little kids).
- It is important to stir the mixture constantly in order to prevent marshmallows from sticking to the bottom of your pot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1 bar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 191Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 42mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary significantly between brands. Always be sure to read labels. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Nutrition info may contain errors, so please verify it independently. Likewise, recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them.