I am sharing my most awesomely addictive Barbecued Peanuts with y’all today! This is the season for finger foods, and this is a good one!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
What?! You didn’t know finger food season follows cookie season?! Have you looked around bloggy-land lately?! Between New Years’ Eve party food and Super Bowl food, I’m pretty sure there is a finger food season. I’m just sayin’.
The great thing about finger food season is, you can eat little bits of lots of different foods and call it a meal! I don’t know about y’all, but I love finger food – wings, chips and dips, muddy buddies, veggie trays, smokies wrapped in bacon, popcorn ….. seriously, what’s not to love?! These Barbecued Peanuts will make a great addition to your New Years’ parties, your Super Bowl parties … and they’re great anytime snacks – you don’t even have to have an excuse or a party!
On a side note – you’ll have to check out my Facebook status regarding these Barbecued Peanuts – ahem, gotta love boys! 😉
- Shortening, for greasing baking sheet
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 jar (16 oz.) dry roasted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a large baking sheet and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, butter, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Add the peanuts and stir well, coating the peanuts evenly with the mixture.
- Transfer the peanuts to the baking sheet and arrange peanuts in a single layer. (A good jiggle usually does the trick!)
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- After the bake time, spread the peanuts evenly on waxed paper to cool. Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 984Total Fat: 82gSaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 355mgFiber: 13gSugar: 18gProtein: 40g
The recipe couldn’t be simpler ….. Let’s see how we do it, shall we?!
Originally published on January 1, 2014. Updated on April 25, 2021.