I am sharing my most awesomely addictive Barbecued Peanuts with y’all today! ‘Tis the season of finger foods!
What?! You didn’t know finger food season follows cookie season?! Have you looked around bloggy-land lately?! Between New Years’ Eve party food and Super Bowl food, I’m pretty sure there is a finger food season. I’m just sayin’.
The great thing about finger food season is, you can eat little bits of lots of different foods and call it a meal! I don’t know about y’all, but I love finger food – wings, chips and dips, muddy buddies, veggie trays, smokies wrapped in bacon, popcorn ….. seriously, what’s not to love?! These Barbecued Peanuts will make a great addition to your New Years’ parties, your Super Bowl parties … and they’re great anytime snacks – you don’t even have to have an excuse or a party!
On a side note – you’ll have to check out my Facebook status regarding these Barbecued Peanuts – ahem, gotta love boys! 😉
The recipe couldn’t be simpler ….. Let’s see how we do it, shall we?!
- Shortening, for greasing baking sheet
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 jar (16 oz.) dry roasted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a large baking sheet and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, butter, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Add the peanuts and stir well, coating the peanuts evenly with the mixture.
- Transfer the peanuts to the baking sheet and arrange peanuts in a single layer. (A good jiggle usually does the trick!)
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- After the bake time, spread the peanuts evenly on waxed paper to cool. Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 984Total Fat: 82gSaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 355mgFiber: 13gSugar: 18gProtein: 40g
Other Posts You May Enjoy: