This Birthday Cake Popcorn Mix is a fun snack idea for parties, your favorite movie or just because! It gets its birthday cake flavor from cake mix, Birthday Cake candies and Birthday Cake Oreo’s – with a combo like that, you know it’s good! #birthdaycake #snack #popcorn
Confession: I’ve been holding out on y’all! This Birthday Cake Popcorn Mix recipe is one I have been wanting to share for MONTHS now … and I am just now getting the chance to get it posted! It’s super simple to make and there is barely any “cooking” involved!
Just a few things before we get to the recipe …. I used an air popper for my popcorn – but you could easily use about two bags of microwave popcorn if you prefer. I also found the Birthday Cake Flavor M&M’sat my local Cracker Barrel – but if you can’t find them, you can use plain M&M’s instead. It would be just as delicious! For the Oreo’s listed in the recipe, feel free to use Golden Birthday Cake if you prefer! I love the color contrast of the dark cookies, so I went with those! 🙂
This would be perfect for grab-bags at a birthday party, movie night at home or for no real reason at all! 🙂 Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 2 bags (12 oz. each) Wilton vanilla-flavored candy melts
- 1/2 cup yellow cake mix
- 1 bag (8 oz.) Birthday Cake M&M's candy
- 12 Birthday Cake Oreo cookies, roughly chopped
- Assorted sprinkles
- Pop popcorn kernels in an air popper or by using your favorite method. Pick out any unpopped kernels. Place the popcorn in a large bowl (if it isn't already).
- Place wax paper on two baking sheets and set aside.
- Melt the Wilton candy melts according to package directions. Stir in the dry cake mix until thoroughly combined. Working quickly, pour the candy over the popcorn and mix well. Add M&M's and Oreo cookies. Mix well. Divide the popcorn mixture between the two baking sheets, spreading out into a single layer and separating the pieces (its ok if they touch a bit). Immediately shake sprinkles over the top.
- Allow the popcorn to set until the candy melts have hardened. Break the popcorn into pieces before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 629Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 257mgFiber: 7gSugar: 68gProtein: 6g
Other Posts You May Enjoy: