This simple grilled shrimp recipe is a tasty summer favorite, suitable for many dietary needs! Break out the skewers, because we’re having seafood tonight!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
I know I don’t always post the most diet-friendly recipes here at Love Bakes Good Cakes…and I’m wonderful with that, usually. Sometimes you want something to eat that’s so good and so full of calories it’s almost a sin to look at! But…if you are looking to eat healthily … summer is a perfect time to do it. (After all…winter and fall have all the good food holidays…and we all put on those winter pounds to hibernate, don’t we?!)
So today, we’re talking about a grilled shrimp recipe! More specifically…grilled shrimp on skewers, with a fantastic buttery-garlic marinade. This recipe is easy and uses ingredients you can find at the supermarket or right up on your shelves. All the things I like in a recipe!! And the meal itself hits the spot and fills you right up.
As I said, too, shrimp is a healthy meat, if you really like seafood, and if that is important to you. It’s low in calories and carbs, high in protein and antioxidants, has a lot of nutrients you need…and the rest of this recipe is the marinade, which is all veggies and a bit of butter (which you can substitute if you’re not a fan). So there you have it, a healthy summer recipe here on Love Bakes Good Cakes.
But all that aside…no matter why you make this meal, you won’t be able to get enough of the marinade, you won’t be able to get enough of the shrimp, you won’t be able to get enough of this recipe, period!!
Grilled Shrimp On Skewers recipe
- uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled, cleaned
- fresh lemon juice
- dried parsley
- garlic powder
- lemon juice
This is a pretty decent keto recipe if you’re looking for something like that! It is gluten-free, too, and you could easily swap the butter out with something else to make it dairy-free. It’s definitely not vegan or vegetarian, obviously … unless you’re a vegetarian who’s okay with seafood!
How to make Grilled Shrimp on Skewers
- Soak the wooden skewers for at least 20 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Add herbs and garlic to the bowl, mixing well.
- Add the cleaned and peeled shrimp to the bowl, stirring to coat them.
- Place the shrimp in the refrigerator to marinate for 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove the marinated shrimp and thread them onto the skewers.
- Heat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Place the skewers on the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until the shrimp are pink.
- Remove and serve the shrimp immediately with dipping sauce (see below).
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
- In a small saucepan on the stove or on the grill, melt the butter.
- Add garlic, salt, and lemon juice.
- Heat through for about 1-2 minutes.
Grilled Shrimp On Skewers – Questions
Even though it’s simple, I was thinking it’s probably best to answer a few questions about this grilled shrimp recipe!
What’s a good side dish to prepare with this?
- I’ve listed some down at the bottom of the post. Salads are usually a big hit!!
Do I have to use an outdoor grill to make these?
- You can use a grill pan too if it’s not nice outside! But do grill them. Even if this recipe wasn’t about grilled shrimp, I think grilling them is the best way to eat them!
Should I remove the tails?
- It’s up to you for sure! It doesn’t affect the taste or the recipe or anything like that.
How did you like this recipe
In the comments below, let me know how this recipe came out for you! Did you and your family totally adore it?! Or did you have to make variations? If you have questions about any part of the recipe, too, ask away!
Other recipes you may enjoy
For the shrimp
- 16-20 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled, cleaned
- ½ cup butter
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ cup dried parsley
- ¼ cup chives
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Pinch of salt
- Juice of ½ lemon
For the Shrimp
Soak wooden skewers for at least 20 minutes.
Melt ½ cup butter in a microwave-safe bowl.
Add herbs and garlic, mix well.
Add cleaned and peeled shrimp to bowl, stir to coat.
Place in refrigerator to marinate for 2 hours, turning occasionally.
Remove marinated shrimp and thread onto skewers.
Heat grill to medium heat, about 350 degrees on a gas grill.
Place skewers on grill and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until shrimp are pink.
Remove and serve immediately with dipping sauce.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
For the dipping sauce
In a small saucepan on the stove or on the grill, melt butter.
Add garlic, salt, and lemon juice.
Heat through about 1-2 minutes.
Serve with rice or another side dish of your choice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 457Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 197mgSodium: 863mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 15gProtein: 14g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary greatly between brands. Always be sure to read labels.