Cooking frozen wings in the air fryer is simple and easy – and I know just how to make Air Fryer Chicken Wings that are crispy and delicious! You’ve gotta try my air fryer wings!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Chicken wings! Are they an appetizer, or a full meal? Are they only good at parties or restaurants, or do they make an amazing home dish, too? No matter where you fall on the debate…you know they’re excellent and addicting when done right. And now you can make your own crispy goodness with this air fryer chicken wings recipe!
These air fryer wings are out of this world, so I had to share the recipe with you all ASAP. They’re easy to make (something I’m ALWAYS going to champion here at Love Bakes Good Cakes) and, best of all, they aren’t super oily or greasy. Or maybe the best part about these air fryer wings is that there is a meal for the whole family, kids included. Or maybe the best part is that they’re scrumptious at any time of the year…
It’s hard to decide on my favorite part of this air fryer chicken wings recipe. Maybe you can help me out if you try it? ?
Air Fryer Chicken Wings recipe
- chicken wings – flats and drumettes
- olive oil
- garlic salt
- ground black pepper
- cayenne pepper
Note: If you have a small air fryer, I would actually not double this recipe, as I’ve found keeping the wings to one layer is best. If you can double the recipe and still keep the chicken to one layer, adjust the frying time accordingly! Make sure your chicken is thoroughly cooked.
How To Make Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Take wings and lay them out flat.
- Pat them dry on both sides with a paper towel.
- Place wings in a large bowl.
- In the large bowl, add olive oil, garlic salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Mix so every piece is well coated.
- Place the wings into the air fryer basket and set it to 380°F. Cook for about 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Check the wings every 5-10 minutes or so, turning them so they are evenly cooked.
- Increase the heat to 400°F and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes to make the skin nice and crispy.
- Serve them with your choice of dipping sauces and enjoy!
Air Fryer Chicken Wings: Tips & Tricks
Something on your mind about these air fryer wings? Curious about how to make them better, or just how to make them right? I can help! Here are some questions I’ve collected over time (and their answers, of course).
There’s smoke coming out of my air fryer! Is that bad?If it’s white smoke, it’s normal for many air fryers. Lots of brands will let off some white smoke with high-fat foods. Nothing is wrong, and it won’t make your food taste any less amazing. But it’s just something to note. ?
I have a bigger air fryer. What shelf should I use?I’d keep the wings on the top shelf.
Can I use frozen wings?I haven’t tried it, but I’ve seen others use frozen wings and they turn out just fine! Adjust the cooking time and temperature, as always.
Do you leave the skin on the chicken?Ohhh, yes!! That’s what makes this recipe so gosh darn crispy.
These came out too salty. What should I do?Sometimes, depending on the garlic salt brand, you might end up oversalting the wings. There are a few solutions for this … one, you can cut the salt in half entirely. Two, if you still want that garlic flavor (and who doesn’t?!), you can halve the salt and add garlic powder. Or, three, if possible, you can use a brand you know isn’t too salty!
What sauces do you recommend?Well, what’s your favorite? ? If you’re not sure, golly, I have a lot you could try…the classic honey BBQ or buffalo sauce, garlic parmesan if you need even more garlic flavor, Jamaican jerk chicken sauce, teriyaki sauce, orange sauce … I have to stop listing them now because I’m making myself drool!!
How did you like this recipe
These air fryer wings sound amazing…and I can tell you that they taste amazing … but you won’t really know how good they are until you try them yourself! So get out there and get frying, and when you’re done, let me know in the comments how this recipe turned out for you. I’d love to hear your thoughts!
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 1 pound chicken wings - flats, and drumettes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-½ teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Take the wings and lay them out flat. Pat them dry on both sides with a paper towel. Place them in a large bowl.
- To the wings in the bowl, add olive oil, garlic salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Mix well so every piece is well coated.
- Place the wings into the air fryer basket and turn it to 380°F. Cook for about 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Check the wings every 5-10 minutes or so turning them so they are evenly cooked.
- Increase the heat to 400°F. and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes to make the skin nice and crispy.
- Serve them with your choice of dipping sauces and enjoy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1/4 lb.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 427Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 1067mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 20g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary greatly between brands. Always be sure to read labels.