Pizza Dough can quickly and easily be made at home in about 30 minutes with just a few basic pantry ingredients! Perfectly chewy, golden, and crisp!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Quick Pizza Dough Recipe
This is one of the first recipes I got when I moved out on my own. Being young and on a budget, I needed affordable recipes. My Aunt Tammy had a wealth of recipes for me – many of which I stillu se to this day!
Pizza dough is one of those things a lot of people seem to be intimidated by – and I’m here to assure you that it’s actually pretty easy to make! Let me show you how to make it …
Pizza Dough Recipe
For the pizza dough
- active dry yeast
- granulated sugar
- warm water (110-115°F)
- bread flour
- olive oil
For the pizza
- pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- desired pizza toppings
How to make Quick Pizza Dough
Time needed: 30 minutes.
How to make Quick Pizza Dough
- Preheat oven.
Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in water.
In a medium bowl, dissolve the yeast and sugar in the warm water. Let stand until frothy, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add remaining dough ingredients.
To the same bowl with the yeast, stir in the flour, oil, and salt. Beat with a wooden spoon until smooth. Let the dough rest for in the bowl for 5 minutes.
- Pat or roll pizza into desired shape.
Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat or roll into the desired pizza shape.
- Transfer dough to pan. Top with desired toppings.
Transfer the crust to a lightly greased pizza pan or baker’s peel dusted with cornmeal. Spread pizza sauce over the crust and top with desired toppings.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool, slice and serve.
Let the baked pizza cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Pizza Dough: FAQs
If you run into any problems or if you would like some suggestions, be sure to read this section before leaving a comment.
Yes! Prepare the dough as stated in the recipe then lightly oil the freezer-safe container or zip-top bag before place your dough in it. Use it within three months for best results.
Yes! You can refrigerated it for 1-3 days. You will need to allow it to come back to room temperature before stretching the dough to fit in your pan.
This can happen for a couple of reasons. First, you may have old yeast. Secondly, the water temperature could have been too hot, killing the yeast. Or lastly, it could be improper activation. Active dry yeast must froth and expand for about 10 minutes – that’s how you know it’s a good batch!
You can use all-purpose flour in place of the bread flour. However, the crust may not be as crispy or chewy.
My family has used my Aunt Tammy’s recipe for over twenty years now – and it’s as much of a hit today as the first time I made it! If you gave it a try, I would love to know what you and your family thought! Did you run into any problems? Did the kids get in and help make pizza for pizza night? Let me know about your experience down in the comments – I love hearing from y’all!
Other recipes you may enjoy
For the dough
- 1 package (.25 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup warm water (110-115°F)
- 2 -1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the pizza
- Pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Pizza toppings
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- In a medium bowl, dissolve the yeast and sugar in the warm water. Let stand until frothy, about 5-10 minutes.
- To the same bowl with the yeast, stir in the flour, oil, and salt. Beat with a wooden spoon until smooth. Let the dough rest for in the bowl for 5 minutes.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat or roll into the desired pizza shape.
- Transfer the crust to a lightly greased pizza pan or baker's peel dusted with cornmeal. Spread pizza sauce over the crust and top with desired toppings.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let the baked pizza cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- You can use all-purpose flour in place of the bread flour. However, the crust may not be as crispy or chewy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Wooden Corner Spoon & Scraper
Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Metal Measuring Spoons (Fits in Spice Jar) Set of 6
Stainless Steel Measuring Cups - 5 Piece Stackable Measuring Set
Glass Measuring Cup Set (3-Piece, Microwave and Oven Safe)
Glass Food Prep and Mixing Bowls, 4 Quart (Set of 2)
4-Inch Pizza Wheel, Stainless Steel
Pizza Pan, 14 inch
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 95Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 293mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary greatly between brands. Always be sure to read labels.