Get the party started with Piña Colada Jello Shots! This fun and easy recipe is sure to be a hit. Perfect for summer gatherings and celebrations.
Table of contents
Piña Colada Jello Shots are a fun and festive way to enjoy the classic cocktail in a new and exciting way. These tasty treats are perfect for parties, gatherings, and special events, and they are sure to be a hit with guests over the age of twenty-one.
Made with just a few simple ingredients, these gelatin shots are quick and easy to prepare. And for even more fun, you can top them with shredded coconut and a maraschino cherry.
One of the best things about Piña Colada Jello Shots is that they are incredibly versatile. They can be served as a fun and playful appetizer or dessert or as a refreshing and creative cocktail. And because they are made in individual portions, they are easy to serve and enjoy on the go.
These rum shots are also a great way to add some tropical flair to your next event. Whether you are planning a beach party, luau, or summer barbecue, these colorful and flavorful treats are sure to be a hit with your guests. And because they are so easy to make, you can whip up a large batch to serve a crowd.
In addition to being a fun and festive treat, Piña Colada Jello Shots can also be a great conversation starter. They are a great way to break the ice at parties and events and can help to bring people together over a shared love of food and drink. And because they are so easy to make, you can even get your guests involved in the process by having them help to mix the ingredients or decorate the shots.
These Piña Colada Jello Shots are a fun and creative way to enjoy one of the world’s most popular cocktails. Whether you are looking for a new way to serve drinks at your next party or simply want to add a little tropical flair to your day, these tasty treats are sure to hit the spot. So why not give them a try today and see what all the fuss is about?
Piña Colada Gelatin Shots: Ingredients & Equipment
To make these Piña Colada Jello Shots, you will need …
- pineapple gelatin – I prefer the Jell-O brand (this post is not sponsored by them, I just prefer their product!), but you can use the store brand or whatever you prefer.
- hot water, cold water, and rum or coconut rum – the liquid part we’ll dissolve the gelatin in to make the jello shots.
- shredded coconut and maraschino cherries – to top off your jello shot just before serving!
- hot water kettle, microwaveable cup/bowl, or saucepan – for boiling your water
- bowl and whisk – for making your recipe
- ladle – for transferring the jello mixture into the shot cups
- shot cups – for portioning and serving your shots
- tray or baking sheet – to make it easier to move your jello shots
How to make Piña Colada Jello Shots
First, start by boiling two cups of water, then mix it with the jello package.
Second, add the cold water along with the rum to the bowl with the gelatin. Be sure to mix well.
Third, pour the mixture into jello shot cups and place the cups on a tray. Stick them into the fridge for four hours or until set. 24 hours or overnight is best for them to set fully.
Finally, top each shot with shredded coconut and a maraschino cherry just before serving.
Jello Shots: FAQs
It typically takes about 2-3 hours for the gelatin shots to fully set in the refrigerator.
Sure! You can make Piña Colada Jello Shots without alcohol by simply omitting the rum from the recipe and add water.
Yes, you can use different types of rum in the recipe to achieve different flavor profiles. Dark rum or spiced rum can add a richer, more complex flavor to the jello shots, while white rum will create a lighter, more refreshing taste.
These jello shots are gluten-free as long as you use a brand of gelatin that is labeled as gluten-free.
I actually encourage you to do this since they will need a little bit of time to set up. Cover and store them in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve them.
Other recipes you may enjoy
Piña Colada Jello Shots
Make a splash at your next party with these Piña Colada Jello Shots! This easy recipe is perfect for summer gatherings - get ready to impress!
- 1 box (6 oz.) pineapple jello
- 2 cups hot water
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup rum or coconut rum
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 24 maraschino cherries
- Boil two cups of water. Mix together two cups of hot water with the jello package. Whisk well.
- Add one and one-half cups of cold water and half a cup of rum to the bowl. Whisk well.
- Pour into jello shot cups. Place on a tray and put into the fridge for four hours or until set. (24 hours or overnight is best for them to set fully.)
- Just before serving, top each shot with shredded coconut and a maraschino cherry.
- To make these without alcohol, just replace the half-cup of rum with cold water.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1 jello shot
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 52Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 22mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 0g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary significantly between brands. Always be sure to read labels. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Nutrition info may contain errors, so please verify it independently. Likewise, recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them.
Leave a Reply