Houston, we have a problem. Ok, maybe not a “problem” problem … just an extreme obsession kinda problem – involving poke cakes. How many poke cakes does this Piña Colada poke Cake make – the third or fourth one (who’s counting anyways)? That’s not even counting the Strawberry Poke Cake I made and didn’t post because I felt something was missing from it – I’m still trying to figure that one out.
My oldest son, Elijah, turned 17 earlier this month and he wanted a Piña Colada cake for his birthday. Sounds easy enough, right? I totally talked him into the poke cake part. Are ya surprised there? I didn’t think so. 🙂
I’m just gonna come out tell y’all – this may be better than the Death By Chocolate Poke Cake! I know what you’re thinking – I couldn’t believe I said that either. This cake is seriously that good! You have been warned and you are welcome.
- 1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Pineapple Supreme cake mix
- Ingredients listed on box to make cake
- 1 box (3.4 oz.) Coconut Cream instant pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 container (8 oz.) Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 tsp. rum extract
- 1 bag (7 oz.) shredded sweetened coconut flakes
- Empty the pineapple into a colander or strainer and allow it to drain while preparing and baking the cake.
- Bake the cake according to package directions using a 9x13-in. baking pan.
- Mix the instant pudding mix with the 2 cups of milk in a medium bowl. Poke holes in the hot cake with the round end of a wooden spoon and slowly pour the pudding mixture over the cake, trying to fill the holes. Let the cake cool completely.
- Spread the pineapple evenly over the cooled cake. Carefully mix the Cool Whip and rum extract. Top the cake with the Cool Whip, evenly covering the cake. Sprinkle the coconut evenly over the top.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Store the cake (covered) in the refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 283Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 268mgFiber: 2gSugar: 13gProtein: 3g
*In your best Southern drawl* – Lawd, have mercy y’all! It’s sooo good!