These Blue Hawaiian Jello Shots are a fun and colorful addition to any party or gathering. These boozy treats are made by combining gelatin mix with coconut rum, blue curaçao, and pineapple juice to create a sweet and flavorful jello shot that’s sure to be a hit with guests.
Table of contents
Blue Hawaiian Jello Shots Recipe
Blue Hawaiian Jello Shots are a delicious and fun way to add a tropical twist to your party. The combination of blue raspberry gelatin, coconut rum, and blue curaçao creates a sweet and fruity flavor that’s sure to be a hit with guests.
These jello shots capture the tropical flavor of the classic Blue Hawaiian cocktail in a convenient, bite-sized form.
These tasty little shot cups are perfect for any party or event. They are sweet, colorful, and full of tropical flavors that will transport your taste buds to a sunny paradise. Plus, their small size and easy preparation make them a convenient and fun option for any gathering.
This recipe is a fun and delicious way to add a tropical twist to your party or gathering. The bright blue color and coconut rum flavor give these shots a distinctive beachy vibe, and they’re sure to be a hit with your guests.
So why not mix up a batch of these tasty jello shots and let the good times roll? Serve these Blue Hawaiian Jello Shots chilled and enjoy responsibly. 😊
Blue Hawaiian Jello Shots: Ingredients & Equipment
To make Blue Hawaiian Jello Shots, you will need …
- Berry Blue Jello Gelatin – this is the base of your recipe and is what makes your jello shot a jello shot. Not only does it provide a lovely blue color, but it also adds a yummy flavor you and your guests will love!
- boiling water, Blue Curacao liquor, Malibu Rum, and pineapple juice – you’ll dilute your jello mix into these liquids.
- whipped cream, fresh pineapple chunks, and maraschino cherries – these ingredients are optional but tasty garnishes! You can use canned pineapple chunks in place of fresh pineapple if you prefer.
- plastic shot cups with lids – you’ll use these to make your shots.
- baking sheet – it’s easiest to place all of your cups on a tray so you can move them all at once.
- pourable measuring cup – you’ll use this to pour the combined jello mixture into the cups.
- large mixing bowl and whisk – to combine your ingredients, of course.
How to make Blue Hawaiian Jello Shots
First, line up your cups. Place the shot cups on a baking sheet or tray. Set the lids aside.
Then, prepare your jello shot mixture. In a large mixing bowl, add the powdered gelatin and pour the boiling water over the top. Whisk the gelatin until it is fully dissolved. Add the Blue Curaçao, Malibu Rum, and pineapple juice. Whisk well to fully combine.
Pour the mixture into the cups. Evenly divide the gelatin mixture into the shot cups.
Next, refrigerate. Place the baking sheet full of jello shots into the refrigerator and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Lastly, garnish if desired. Just before serving, top each jello shot with whipped cream, a cherry, and a chunk of pineapple if desired.
Blue Hawaiian Jello Shots: FAQs
Yes, they can be made without alcohol. Simply omit the alcohol from the recipe and use an equal amount of water or juice in its place.
Yes, they can be made in advance. In fact, it’s best to make them at least 4 hours before serving to allow them to fully set and chill in the refrigerator.
Yes, they can be frozen. However, they may become more watery and less firm when thawed, so it’s best to consume them within a few days of making them.
They will last for several days when stored in the refrigerator. However, they may start to lose their firmness and become more watery over time, so it’s best to consume them within a few days of making them.
Jello shots are typically served chilled, straight from the refrigerator. This helps them maintain their firmness and ensures that they are easy to eat.
Yes! Prepare the jello mixture as per the recipe and pour it into a lightly sprayed 9×13-inch baking dish. Once the shots have set, you can cut them into squares or use a small cookie cutter to create fun shapes.
Other recipes you may enjoy
Jello Shot Ingredients
- 1 box (3 oz.) Berry Blue Jello Gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup Blue Curacao liquor
- 1/2 cup Malibu Rum
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice, chilled
- whipped cream (optional)
- 10-15 fresh pineapple chunks cut into bite-size pieces (optional)
- 10-15 maraschino cherries (optional)
- Place the shot cups on a baking sheet or tray. Set the lids aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the powdered gelatin and pour the boiling water over the top. Whisk until the gelatin is fully dissolved.
- Add the Blue Curaçao, Malibu Rum, and pineapple juice. Whisk well to combine fully.
- Evenly divide the gelatin mixture into the shot cups.
- Place the baking sheet full of jello shots into the refrigerator and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, top each jello shot with whipped cream, a cherry, and a chunk of pineapple if desired.
- You can use canned pineapple chunks in place of fresh pineapple if you prefer.
- These will last in the fridge for about 7-10 days as long as they are covered with their lids.
- Do not add the garnishes or optional whipped cream until just before serving.
- Do not freeze.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1 shot
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 55Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 8mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 0g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary significantly between brands. Always be sure to read labels. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Nutrition info may contain errors, so please verify it independently. Likewise, recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them.