Bacon, cheddar, and ranch seasoning combine with sour cream in this addictively delicious Million Dollar Dip that is a hit wherever you serve it!
Table of contents
- Irresistible Million Dollar Dip – The Ultimate Bacon Cheddar Ranch Crack Dip Recipe!
- Versatile and Loved Year-Round
- Million Dollar Dip: Ingredients & Equipment
- Serving Suggestions for Million Dollar Dip
- Crack Dip Recipe: FAQs
- Other Posts You May Enjoy
Irresistible Million Dollar Dip – The Ultimate Bacon Cheddar Ranch Crack Dip Recipe!
If there’s ever a recipe that needs to be in your recipe box, this one is it! It’s so popular with friends and family. And the best part? It takes 5 minutes to put together! We serve it throughout the year, and it’s especially popular on game day!
There are probably a bazillion recipes and ways to make Million Dollar Dip. It goes by a few names, too. Some people call it Bacon Cheddar Ranch Dip. It’s also known by some as Crack Dip. Whatever you call it, it’s all delicious! You’ll quickly realize why it’s such a popular dip!
Million Dollar Dip – The Ultimate Party Pleaser
When it comes to party appetizers, the Million Dollar Dip, also known as Bacon Cheddar Ranch Crack Dip, reigns supreme. This simple Crack Dip recipe is a game-changer at any gathering, and it’s bound to disappear fast!
A Flavorful Trio: Bacon, Cheddar, and Ranch
This Million Dollar Dip recipe combines the irresistible trio of flavors: smoky bacon, rich cheddar cheese, and the zesty kick of ranch seasoning. It’s a flavor explosion that keeps everyone coming back for more.
Quick and Easy
What makes this Crack Dip recipe a winner? It’s the ultimate in convenience! With just a carton of sour cream, a packet of dry Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix, bacon pieces, and shredded Cheddar cheese, you’ll have a crowd-pleasing dip in no time. Before serving, garnish with parsley for that extra touch of freshness.
Versatile and Loved Year-Round
Whether you’re hosting a game day party, a holiday gathering, or a casual get-together with friends, this Bacon Cheddar Ranch Dip fits the bill. Its versatility makes it a hit throughout the year, and it pairs perfectly with assorted chips, crackers, and veggies.
If you’re looking for a simple yet incredibly tasty appetizer, this Million Dollar Dip is your go-to. No matter what you call it, Bacon Cheddar Ranch Crack Dip or just Crack Dip, it’s a crowd-pleaser that will have everyone asking for the recipe. Give it a try and elevate your party game!
Million Dollar Dip: Ingredients & Equipment
To make this Bacon Cheddar Ranch Dip, you will need …
- sour cream – You can substitute sour cream with Greek yogurt or blended cottage cheese for a healthier twist. It will maintain a creamy texture and add a tangy flavor.
- dry Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix – If you don’t have a packet of dry Ranch seasoning mix, you can make your own by combining ingredients like dried dill, garlic powder, onion powder, dried parsley, and salt.
- bacon pieces – For a lower-fat option, you can use turkey bacon instead of regular bacon. It still provides a smoky flavor. Likewise, if you’re vegetarian or prefer a meatless option, you can use vegetarian bacon bits.
- shredded Cheddar cheese – You can experiment with different cheese varieties like Monterey Jack, Colby, or Pepper Jack for unique flavor profiles. If you’re looking for a dairy-free option, there are various vegan cheese alternatives available that can be used in place of cheddar cheese.
- chopped fresh parsley – If you don’t have parsley on hand, cilantro can be used as a garnish for a fresh and vibrant touch.
- assorted chips, crackers, and/or veggies for serving – You can use your favorite chips, crackers, and vegetable sticks based on your preferences or what you have available. Popular choices include tortilla chips, pretzels, carrot sticks, celery, and cucumber slices.
- large bowl
- hand mixer or sturdy spoon
- bowl for serving
Serving Suggestions for Million Dollar Dip
- Assorted Dippers: Start by arranging an array of dippers around the dip bowl. Include classics like tortilla chips, potato chips, and crackers. Opt for various textures and flavors to cater to different preferences. Don’t forget fresh, crunchy vegetables like carrot sticks, cucumber slices, and celery for a refreshing contrast.
- Bread Bowl: For a creative and visually appealing option, hollow out a round bread loaf and fill it with Million Dollar Dip. The bread chunks you remove can be toasted and used for dipping.
- Individual Portions: Consider serving the dip in small individual cups or mini mason jars. This allows guests to have their own servings without double-dipping and maintains a neat presentation.
- Garnish: Sprinkle some fresh chopped parsley or chives over the top of the dip just before serving. This not only adds a pop of color but also a hint of freshness to the creamy dip.
- Cheese Platter: Create a cheese platter alongside the dip featuring a variety of cheese cubes and slices.
- Salsa or Guacamole: Pair Million Dollar Dip with bowls of fresh salsa and guacamole. The combination of creamy and savory with the zesty and spicy flavors of these dips creates a flavor explosion.
- Beverage Selection: Offer a selection of beverages to complement the dip, such as chilled white wine, sparkling water, or a refreshing iced tea.
- Buffet Style: If you’re hosting a larger gathering, set up a buffet-style serving station with the dip as the centerpiece. Include labels for each dipper and encourage guests to mix and match.
- Decorative Plating: Use decorative platters or serving boards to present the dip and dippers.
- Seasonal Touch: Consider incorporating seasonal elements into your presentation. For example, serve the dip in a hollowed-out pumpkin or squash during the fall or on a beach-themed platter in the summer.
Crack Dip Recipe: FAQs
The name “Million Dollar Dip” likely comes from its widespread popularity and the fact that it’s a crowd-pleaser at parties and gatherings. It’s often considered a “million-dollar” recipe because of how much people love it.
Yes, you can make this dip recipe a day ahead of your event. Simply prepare the dip, cover it, and refrigerate until you’re ready to serve. This can be a time-saving option for parties.
Leftover dip can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. Make sure to cover it well to prevent it from drying out or absorbing other odors in the fridge.
I would not freeze it. You can make this ahead and refrigerate it!
I think this dip would be a great addition to a keto diet if it fits into your macros! Based on 1/4-cup serving, there are 85 calories 7 grams of total fat, 2g carbs, 1g sugar, and 3 g protein. Skip the chips or crackers and use pork rinds or celery sticks for serving!
Yes, there are numerous variations of this dip. Some people add ingredients like chopped green onions, diced tomatoes, or jalapeños for extra flavor. You can customize it to suit your taste.
Other Posts You May Enjoy
- 1 carton (16 oz.) sour cream
- 1 packet (1 oz.) dry Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 3 ounces bacon pieces (about 3-5 pieces - cooked and crumbled)
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- parsley for garnish, optional
- assorted chips, crackers, and/or veggies for serving
- In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, dry Ranch, bacon, and Cheddar cheese. Mix thoroughly.
- Before serving, garnish with parsley if desired.
- Serve with assorted chips, crackers, and/or veggies.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
- You can make Million Dollar Dip a day ahead of your event. Simply prepare the dip, cover it, and refrigerate until you're ready to serve. This can be a time-saving option for parties.
- Leftover dip can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. Make sure to cover it well to prevent it from drying out or absorbing other odors in the fridge.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 85Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 127mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g
Originally published on March 26, 2019. Updated on January 14, 2024.