Bacon Ranch Potato Salad – Even people who don’t like traditional potato salad like this! Perfect for cookouts or tailgating! #sidedish #baconmonth #putsomepiginit
I was digging through one of my old recipe boxes the other day and ran across this recipe I got from a friend many years ago. I haven’t made it in quite awhile and thought it would be the perfect side dish for our Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwiches. It’s perfect when you want a different kind of potato salad or for those people who don’t like traditional potato salad.
This Bacon Ranch Potato Salad is perfect for cookouts, potlucks or tailgating parties since it’s such a crowd-pleaser! It’s easy to make and can easily be doubled to feed a small army! Enjoy!
- 2-2 1/2 lb. red potatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 container (16 oz.) sour cream
- 1 pkg. (1 oz.) ranch dressing mix
- 1 pkg. (12-16 oz.) bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Season the water with salt, if desired. Bring the water to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover and allow the potatoes to cook until tender - about 15-20 minutes. Drain the potatoes in to a colander and run under cold water to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the sour cream and ranch dressing mix. Add the potatoes, bacon, Cheddar and green onions. Gently stir the mixture until it is well combined. Cover and refrigerate at least two hours before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 507Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 86mgSodium: 518mgFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 15g
Other Posts You May Enjoy: