Explore the tantalizing blend of flavors in a Midori Sour cocktail. This refreshing classic combines Midori melon liqueur with citrusy notes for a zesty and delightful sip. Perfect for summer gatherings and happy hour indulgence.
Table of contents
Midori Sour Cocktail
The Midori Sour Cocktail has gained a well-deserved reputation as a beloved classic. With its vibrant green hue and tantalizing flavors, this refreshing concoction has become a go-to choice for cocktail enthusiasts.
The Midori Sour traces its roots back to Japan. “Midori” translates to “green” in Japanese. The star ingredient, Midori melon liqueur, infuses the cocktail with its signature sweetness and captivating melon flavor.
Combined with freshly squeezed citrus juice, typically from lemons or limes, the cocktail perfectly balances tanginess and sweetness. Simple syrup or lemon-lime soda is often added to harmonize the flavors and enhance the overall taste.
The Midori Sour Cocktail transcends ordinary libations. It offers an invigorating and blissful experience. It creates a dance of taste that unfolds on the palate.
Whether you’re sipping it poolside on a sunny day or enjoying it as a pre-dinner treat, the Midori Sour is the perfect companion for moments of relaxation and celebration.
The Midori Sour Cocktail continues to captivate cocktail enthusiasts. It has a refreshing and flavorful profile. From its intriguing origins to meticulous craftsmanship, this beloved classic is a must-try for anyone seeking a taste sensation.
Whether you’re a seasoned mixologist or a casual drink enthusiast, the Midori Sour promises an unforgettable experience that will leave you craving more. Cheers to the allure of the Midori Sour!
Midori Sour Cocktail: Ingredients & Equipment
To make a Midori Sour Cocktail, you will need …
- ice – to keep your cocktail cold. I like using nugget ice.
- Midori and vodka – the alcohol you will need to make this cocktail.
- lime juice and lemon juice – freshly squeezed.
- lemon-lime soda – to add sweetness and balance the flavors of the drink.
- maraschino cherry – for garnish.
- cocktail shaker with a strainer – to combine and chill the ingredients.
- rocks glass – to serve the drink in.
How to Make a Midori Sour Cocktail
Add ice to a cocktail shaker. Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice.
Add the ingredients. Pour in the Midori, vodka, lime juice, and lemon juice.
Shake and pour. Vigorously shake the ingredients. Then, pour the mixture into a rocks glass filled with ice.
Add soda. Top with lemon-lime soda.
Garnish and serve. Garnish with a maraschino cherry and serve.
- Consider rimming the glass with colored sugar for a pretty decorative element.
- For a more elegant presentation, strain this cocktail into a martini glass.
- It’s important to consume Midori Sours responsibly. Be aware of the alcohol content, as the cocktail can be deceptively smooth and easy to drink.
Midori Sour Cocktail: FAQs
You can adjust the sweetness by adding some simple syrup to the drink.
Yes! You can create a non-alcoholic version by substituting the Midori melon liqueur with a melon-flavored syrup or extract. Adjust the sweetness to your preference, and enjoy a refreshing mocktail version of the drink.
They are versatile and suitable for various occasions. They are often enjoyed at summer parties, barbecues, or beach gatherings. Additionally, they can be a refreshing choice for happy hours, cocktail parties, or simply as a treat to unwind after a long day.
Absolutely! Making a pitcher in advance is convenient for serving a larger group. Simply multiply the ingredients by the number of servings desired. Mix them in a pitcher. Keep it refrigerated until ready to serve. Pour the mixture over ice when it’s time to enjoy.
Yes! You can transform this drink into a frozen cocktail by blending the ingredients with ice. Add the ingredients and a generous amount of ice to a blender. Blend until smooth. Then, pour into glasses. Garnish with a slice of citrus or a melon wedge. It’s a perfect choice for hot summer days!
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 1-1/2 ounces Midori
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1-1/2 ounce lime juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 ounce lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- splash lemon-lime soda
- maraschino cherry, garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice.
- Pour in the Midori, vodka, lime juice, and lemon juice.
- Vigorously shake the ingredients together and then pour them into a rocks glass filled with ice.
- Top with lemon-lime soda.
- Garnish with a maraschino cherry and serve immediately.
- You can use a sweet and sour mix in place of the lemon and lime juice.
- Instead of lemon-lime soda, you can use seltzer water, club soda, or sparkling lemon or lime water. This will cut down on the sweetness.
- This would make a fun make-ahead cocktail. Pour the Midori, vodka, lime juice, and lemon juice into a large pitcher and stir to combine. Place the mixture in the fridge to chill. When ready to serve, pour the mix over ice and top with soda. Then garnish.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Countertop Ice Maker Machine, Portable Ice Makers Countertop, Make 26 lbs ice in 24 hrs,Ice Cube Ready in 6-8 Mins with Ice Scoop and Basket (Black)
Angled Measuring Jigger, Stainless Steel
Heavy Base Rocks Cocktail Glasses, 11-ounce, Set of 12
Premium Cocktail Shaker Bar Tools Set (14 piece) Brushed Stainless Steel
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 12mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 0g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary significantly between brands. Always be sure to read labels. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Nutrition info may contain errors, so please verify it independently. Likewise, recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them.