Impress your guests with fun, mouthwatering Lime Margarita Jello Shots! It’s a delicious, easy-to-make recipe that’s perfect for any occasion!
Table of contents
Jello Shots Recipe
If you’re looking for a fun and refreshing drink to serve at your next party, look no further than these Lime Margarita Jello Shots. These delicious treats are easy to make and always a crowd-pleaser.
One of the best things about jello shots is their versatility. You can adjust the amount of alcohol to make them as strong or as mild as you like. You can also experiment with different flavors of gelatin, and when it’s time to serve, you can either hand out the cups as-is or add a little bit of salt to the rims for an extra authentic margarita experience.
These Margarita Jello Shots are also great conversation starters at parties. Guests will love trying something new and talking about their favorite drinks and recipes. Plus, they’re a fun way to get the party started and break the ice.
It’s also worth noting that these Lime Margarita Jello Shots are surprisingly easy to make in large batches. You can make a whole tray of them in just a few minutes and have enough to serve a whole crowd. This makes them a great option for backyard barbecues, tailgate parties, or any other occasion where you’re expecting a lot of guests.
These jello shots are a fun and festive way to liven up any party or gathering. They’re easy to make, customizable, and always a hit with guests. So why not give them a try at your next event? You might just discover your new favorite party drink, and your guests are sure to thank you.
Margarita Jello Shots: Ingredients & Equipment
To make these Lime Margarita Jello Shots, you will need …
- lime gelatin – I prefer the Jell-O brand (this post is not sponsored by them, I just prefer their product!), but you can use the store brand or whatever you prefer.
- hot water, cold water, and tequila – the liquid part we’ll dissolve the gelatin in to make the jello shots.
- key limes and margarita salt – for added garnish and that added flair that makes it look like a real margarita!
- hot water kettle, microwaveable cup/bowl, or saucepan – for boiling your water
- bowl and whisk – for making your recipe
- ladle – for transferring the jello mixture into the shot cups
- shot cups – for portioning and serving your shots
- tray or baking sheet – to make it easier to move your jello shots
How to make Jello Shots
First, start by boiling two cups of water using whatever method is easiest and most convenient for you. Then mix it with the jello package.
Second, add the cold water along with the tequila to the bowl with the gelatin. Be sure to mix well.
Third, pour the mixture into jello shot cups and place the cups on a tray. Stick them into the fridge for four hours or until set. 24 hours or overnight is best for them to set fully.
Finally, just before serving, pour the salt onto a plate. Wet the rim of the jello shot cup. Turn upside down and set into the salt to coat the rim of the cup. Remove and add some key limes.
Jello Shots: FAQs
Jello shots are good in the fridge for about 7-10 days. Some signs of spoilage are mold, weird or foul odor, loss of color, and/or texture changes.
Most gelatin is made from animal collagen – a protein that makes up connective tissues, such as skin, tendons, ligaments, and bones. The hides and bones of certain animals – often cows and pigs – are boiled, dried, treated with a strong acid or base, and finally filtered until the collagen is extracted. (source)
As a general rule, it should take around 2-4 hours for them to fully set.
Absolutely! Lime gelatin is a classic choice for margarita gelatin shots, but you can experiment with different flavors to create your own unique recipes. Just keep in mind that some flavors may not pair well with tequila.
Yes, I actually encourage you to! You can make these jello shots ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve. Just be sure to cover them with a lid, plastic wrap, or foil to prevent them from drying out or absorbing any odors.
Yes, you can make a non-alcoholic version of these jello shots by simply omitting the tequila and using more water or juice instead. You can also experiment with using different types of non-alcoholic mixers to create your own unique flavors.
Other recipes you may enjoy
- 1 box (6 oz.) lime jello
- 2 cups hot water
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 2 key limes, sliced (optional)
- margarita salt for the rim (optional)
- Boil two cups of water. Mix together two cups of hot water with the jello package. Whisk well.
- Add one and one-half cups of cold water and half a cup of tequila to the bowl. Whisk well.
- Pour into jello shot cups. Place on a tray and put into the fridge for four hours or until set. 24 hours overnight is best for them to set fully.
- Pour salt onto a plate. Wet the rim of the jello shot cup. Turn upside down and set into the salt. Remove and add some key limes just before serving.
- To make jello shots without alcohol, just replace the half cup of tequila with cold water.
- Try using different flavors of gelatin for new margarita jello shot flavors!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1 jello shot
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 18Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 44mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g
Please note that the nutritional information listed on this page is an estimation based on the products I used. Ingredients and nutritional information can vary significantly between brands. Always be sure to read labels. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Nutrition info may contain errors, so please verify it independently. Likewise, recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them.