This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Make this Loaded Potato and Chicken Casserole tonight! Seasoned potatoes and chicken are baked together and then topped with plenty of cheese, green onions and bacon! #BaconMonth2015
Bacon Month is coming to an end …… bummer, I know! I have wanted to share this Loaded Potato and Chicken Casserole recipe with y’all for awhile – and I’m glad I am getting the chance to today as the last post for Bacon Month! Seriously, make it tonight and thank me later! This is always a hit in the Love Bakes Good Cakes house!
This is sooooo easy to put together – and it pretty much does it’s thing in the oven without much babysitting. That’s my idea of the perfect meal. Amen?! Plus, when it tastes this good, mmmmmm – trust me, just do it.
We usually have this with a simple side salad for a fuss-free meal … especially now that we’re back on a school schedule! Gah. I won’t even talk about school schedules right now ….. we’re still sorting stuff out! But really, this Loaded Potato and Chicken Casserole makes up for the chaos – it’s easy, delicious and bacon. And cheese. Yes, bacon and cheese makes everything right in my world! At least for dinnertime! 😉
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cubed in bite-size pieces
- 8 russet potatoes, scrubbed and cubed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp. hot sauce
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 12 oz. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- Salsa and/or sour cream, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place the potatoes in the prepared baking dish. Top with chicken pieces. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oil, hot sauce, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper until well combined. Pour the oil mixture over the top of the chicken and potatoes. Carefully stir until all pieces are well coated.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, stirring ever 20 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink and the potatoes are tender.
- Top with cheese. Bake and additional 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and immediately top with cooked bacon and green onions.
- Serve with salsa or sour cream, if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 710Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 140mgSodium: 868mgFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 43g
Other Posts You May Enjoy: