This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Shamrock Farms. The opinions and text are all mine.
The best parts of a loaded baked potato and traditional mashed potatoes all in one dish! Your family will beg you to make this recipe again and again!
I’m a big fan of potato dishes. Growing up, they were a staple at the dinner table. When it comes to potatoes, I can’t pick a favorite dish because I love them all … but, this Loaded Mashed Potatoes recipe has to rank somewhere near the top! I mean, what’s not to love about a combination of loaded baked potatoes and creamy mashed potatoes?! Talk about pure comfort food!
I think any good recipe requires the use of quality ingredients, don’t you?! My family really loves Shamrock Farms. Their sour cream and milk make these Loaded Mashed Potatoes the best ever!
I love knowing exactly where my milk comes from, and Shamrock Farms’ real, working dairy farm is open to the public for tours! So you can see firsthand their state-of-the-art facilities and learn how they keep their cows happy and healthy. Every Shamrock Farms product begins with pure, wholesome, nutritious milk with no added hormones. All of Shamrock Farms milk goes through rigorous purity testing, and is cold packaged and shipped from their Phoenix manufacturing facility to arrive fresh, fast and delicious.
I also love supporting a company as committed to the community as Shamrock Farms. This holiday season, they’ve selected me as one of their partners helping get milk to families in need through the Great American Milk Drive! Simply share this post to help raise awareness and Shamrock Farms will donate a gallon of milk to our local Feeding America Food Bank, St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance (up to 1,000 gallons from among their awareness partners). To learn more about hunger in Arizona, visit firstfoodbank.org. To learn more about the Great American Milk Drive, visit shamrockfarms.net.
If you’re looking for a fun and festive family event, consider Joy to the Herd Dec. 3 & 4. Special features include 15 tons of snow shipped directly from the North Pole, holiday crafts, face painting and more. Of course, no holiday celebration would be complete without a special visit with Santa and Shamrock Farms own jolly spokescow – Roxie! You can find more information at Shamrock Farms.
- 5 lb. russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup Shamrock Farms Sour Cream
- 3/4 cup Shamrock Farms milk
- 3 cups Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3-4 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 3-quart baking dish and set aside.
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Drain and place potatoes in a large bowl. Add salt, pepper, butter, sour cream, and milk. Mash with a potato masher until light and fluffy. Stir in 2 cups of cheese, all of the bacon, and green onions.
- Transfer the potato mixture to prepared baking dish. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are heated through and the cheese is melted.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 521Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 776mgFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 17g
Other Posts You May Enjoy: